Fire

"Alright, that'll be all for today, that was a good session" Do-hwan says and I bow in thanks along with Mark next to me for his help as he leaves the room.

It's been a few days now since Eunwoo's kidnapping and although I've been trying really hard to get as much information as I could from the pictures, nothing has given away their position just yet.

One thing that has been going well so far though is the sealing of my memories.

Do-hwan's job in this is to protect my soul from having a meltdown by controlling its nerves. I couldn't really understand everything he explained the first time, but basically, he decides if my soul is to react positively or negatively to the sealing when it comes to the older and bigger memories.

Something I'm extremely grateful for, because even with his ability, I've felt more than once as if something essential was taken from me, my soul trying to get it back because of the hole it left, but Do-hwan could whisper that it was fine, that the hole was going to fill itself with a happier memory and suddenly, most of the panic was gone.

Yoongi would always contact me soon after to make sure I was fine and to let everyone know of my state as well since we've all been sent to different tasks to help the mission progress as much as possible.

Only Jin remains at the suite, something he complained a few times about because he feels useless, but knowing that he gets to see me after my sessions to take care of me seems to bring him relief so he's grown to accept his situation, especially when he's first to notice that the more we seal away, the lighter I feel, as if an invisible weight keeps being lifted off my shoulders, off my soul. It makes us all hopeful for what's to come.

"Let's go, you need to rest before your session with Seo-joon" Mark says as he wraps an arm around my shoulders to help me walk and I nod, too tired to resist. Even if I say that I can keep going, it would be a lie. This session was particularly exhausting although nothing to worry about since we focused on small ones. It was just a lot.

We start making our way out of the room as well and walk through the corridors to head to my suite, happy to know I'll be able to rest in Jin's comforting arms soon. I'm lucky to be able to have him by my side whenever I come back because being alone always gives me more time to think of Eunwoo.

If he's fine right now, if he's hurt. Are they allowing him to eat properly, are they taking care of him, if only a little. If he's getting rest, if he's allowed breaks. Why are they even keeping him? Surely they must have found out by now that he doesn't know much about where I am, or are they keeping him because he knows too much about them? So many questions I have no answers too and I shake my head to try and focus on something else. Worrying right now won't change anything. It'll only make me feel miserable and that won't help him.

I stare at my twin, still unable to resist the feeling of amazement that spreads through me and keeps me warm whenever my eyes fall on his face, the realization that I'm reunited with him again and smile when I see how happy he seems these days.

"How's it going with your soulmates nowadays?" I ask, eyes then falling to his finger to see the rings now bonded and connected to the other boys. His eyes light up at my words. "It's going really well. They're wonderful, I didn't know it was possible to feel so complete. When I found you, I found my second half, but them? It's like I found the missing shards of my soul, I can't imagine my life without them anymore" he says, voice bright and full of hope.

To see my brother beaming like that, I couldn't ask for more. This is what I like to see, what I grave into my mind to fill in the huge gap we have between us. How happy he is, the creases in his eyes, the warmth I can see in them, budding love seeping into it all and making him this ball of contentment.