The lawyer's appointment

It is no surprise to say that everyone took the day off to head to the appointment with me. As we're on the way to the city on the train, I can't help but nervously play with the hem of my shirt. How is this going to go?

Taehyung and Namjoon are seated by my sides, my hands in theirs. Jungkook is next to Namjoon and I can see him lean forward from time to time to smile at me, his cute bunny smile helping me to relax my facial expressions to shoot him a smile back.

Jin, Jimin, Yoongi and Hoseok are in front of me in order and although I can feel all of them nervous about today's appointment, they all try very hard to hide it with frequent smiles and small conversation. Jin and Jimin work together to ease hearts and make the journey easier as we get closer to our destination.

Waffle is sleeping at my feet, or should I say, on my feet. He's not fast asleep, but napping since he knows there are no dangers for now. He's going to have a hard day since there are so many people in the city. I can only hope he can handle it, it's going to be his first time there after all.

When the train finally stops at the station, we wait a little bit until most people have exited the train and Namjoon proceeds to lead us outside, going straight for the door out of the building, my soulmates all forming a protective circle around me, Waffle in the middle with me.

If they weren't my soulmates, I'd think I'm some kind of celebrity. We walk through the streets and eventually end up in front of a fancy building. My eyes dart to Taehyung and he wraps an arm around my waist.

"I won't let go of you, don't worry, it won't happen again" he says, very aware of the truth I spoke of last time. I don't want to spend my time breaking everything if I have to visit these kind of rich places frequently. Namjoon seems to understand too as his arm slides just above Taehyung's and it's protected and in good hands that we enter the building, going for the stairs at the front when we find the position of the lawyer's office. I can see people giving my doggy boy curious and fascinated eyes. They must all know about his breed because it's something well known in the world of rich people.

We enter a room that looks like a waiting room, but more fancy. Lounge chairs, a little bar like counter where someone is at the ready to make drinks with very little to zero alcohol in them. A bed in a corner where someone is currently massaging someone. A huge library full of books that I can see Namjoon eye carefully, maybe expecting to eventually find a book worthy of his interest, which would end up being all of them.

Jin walks to the counter where a woman is bowing to greet us.

"Welcome, gentlemen, lady, how may I help you?" she greets us warmly as she eyes each and everyone of us. Her eyes seem very perceptive and I realize she might be using her ability, possibly to make sure we're not carrying anything dangerous on us, which gets confirmed when I see her eyes fix a little longer my camera before darting back to our eyes with a smile.

"Hi, we're here for an appointment for Y/N L/N at 13h. We might be a little bit early though" Jin says with a slight step forward. The woman nods and takes a phone before telling whoever's on the other line that we arrived.

"Yes, of course, I'll bring them over" she says before ending the call and she motions for us to follow her without a word. I grip onto the back of Yoongi's shirt when he walks in front of me and he turns back to see me biting my lip in nervosity. He turns back to the front, but his hand comes to grab mine, letting me grip his fingers tightly, not seeming to care that his are taking on a rather white tone with every passing seconds.

"It's going to be okay, Y/N, we're all here with you" Jimin whispers from behind me and his soft touch to my arm brings with it a relief that calms my heart and its beating. Hoseok, being the sunshine that he is, gives me the brightest smile and his happy and excited eyes almost make me forget why we're here, until a door opens and the woman steps aside to allow us to enter the smaller but still big room, a very beautiful office where we can see a desk in the middle. Eight chairs are set right in front of it and behind the desk is seated a handsome but intimidating man.