Needy soulmates

The feeling of something incredibly soft against my cheek tickles my senses awake and I slowly open an eye to find myself spooning Waffle.

The big puppy somehow managed to find a way into my arms and I can't help but burrow my face into the fur, something about it so comforting without even trying, a surge of love unable to be given to the pup that gets sent through the soulmate bonds.

The body behind me moves a little and I twist my neck around to find Jin cuddling me, his head under Namjoon's, which doesn't seem to be too comfortable, his neck crooked to the side to fit in the nook of the younger's neck.

I turn back to the front when I feel an arm settle on top of mine across Waffle's fur to see Yoongi hugging the dog closer to his body. He can't possibly mistake such a hairy body for mine. I bring my lips into a fine line as I watch him sigh into the fur, his part of the bond so peaceful.

He looks so adorable, the two of them cuddling like that, if only I had my camera at hand, I would cherish this picture forever. But I know it's a crisis in the waiting and I can't wait to see the moment when he opens his eyes. I can tell it's going to be incredible.

"Sugar plum, you're awake" I hear after a groan as the man behind me frees his head to settle it against mine, a hand going to soothe the aching of his muscles, his eyes most definitely still closed since he has yet to comment the scene in front of our eyes.

"Hey Jinnie, did I wake you up?" I ask him, feel his head shake on top of mine. "No, I just woke up to the greatest feeling of your happiness. What's going on?" he whispers and I resist a chuckle. "Open your eyes, but stay quiet okay?" I whisper back before waiting for his reaction.

He lifts his head up and opens his eyes, taking in what's in front of us. I then feel him start to shake behind me. "He's going to be so angry" he lets out shakily, a very poor attempt at muffling his laugh. His body shaking makes me start to lose control as well, especially when I see Yoongi hum and kiss Waffle's head.

I turn back and hide my head in Jin's chest to avoid laughing out loud and he takes that opportunity to wrap me up completely in his hold, the bond going from amused to content as I hug him back.

"I missed you" he mumbles quietly in my ear, something sad in his voice that pulls on my heartstrings. I nuzzle his neck gently with a sigh. "I missed you too, Jinnie. All of you, it doesn't matter if I wasn't gone for too long, nowhere truly feel like home if you're not present" I murmur, a smile spreading on my face when he hugs me tighter.

"It didn't feel the same at home either. It gave us such a fright when Yoongi told us that you just disappeared in front of their eyes, we expected the worst and even if we could see you by calling on the phone, it wasn't enough. I don't ever want to let you go again, especially not after what happened yesterday" he says as he breathes in to calm himself, the bond getting tense and nervous just by the memory.

"It's okay now, Jinnie, we're all together. I'm here, alive and well" I tell him, not missing the chance to send him all of my love which causes his body to relax against mine. "Yes, you are alive and well, in my arms" he repeats, the words taking place in his mind.

"Can I take part in this lovely comfort-hug?" a new voice asks and I open my eyes to see Namjoon gazing at us with half asleep eyes. I chuckle and nod, his arms a welcome addition around Jin and I, Yoongi and Waffle momentarily forgotten until I hear a confused sound.

Opening my eyes to meet Jin's amused ones, Namjoon looking confused before he looks up to quickly bite on his lips, amusement seeping into the bond like wildfire.

"What the- Oh no" Yoongi says and with a quiet laugh, I turn around slowly to see him absolutely shocked at his position with Waffle. "I did not just spend the night hugging this dog" he adds before looking up to meet my eyes, then Jin's and Namjoon's.