Burning hint of the past

Monday comes and so does work. I get my bag ready in my room, take my camera and the printer and decide to head to the living room where some of my soulmates are probably lounging right now, Waffle following closely behind.

As soon as I step out of my room and into the corridor, the bathroom's door opens to reveal Jin with a towel around his neck, hair wet from a shower. His eyes crease when he sees me and then fall to my bag and camera.

"Are you going to the gallery today?" he asks me, following me when I walk past him. I nod and greet Hoseok and Yoongi who are sitting next to each other on the couch. "I am, I have to start thinking about the next exposition, it's already been a while and artists are already starting to send me their projects. I need to go through them" I explain and hear him nod as we reach the kitchen.

I grab some bread, peanut butter and honey and start making myself breakfast. I grab a banana that I cut in pieces before sitting at the dining table. I drop one piece of the fruit to Waffle, much to his happiness and let Jin grab one piece too before munching on my bread.

"I haven't seen you take pictures recently, are you going to take part in the exposition this time too? Since you didn't get to enjoy the last one" he asks me and I nod quickly, eyes concentrated on my food. "I will, I was thinking about getting back into it today, I've slacked off for long enough. I might go to the city this time for the pictures" I reply and feel a slight shift in the bond.

"Not alone, right?" Yoongi asks me from the couch and I take the time to swallow my bite before replying. "Well, if someone's not busy, they can come along, but I would be just fine with Waffle. That's why we got him after all, right? Plus, he's so big already, most people will keep their distance without me saying a thing".

Jin sighs. "That's not wrong. We're just worried because of that vision, you know? The guy looking for you. Not knowing when he'll take actions is just the worse" he says and I bite my bottom lip. He's right, not knowing is the worse, but I can't just stay inside and wait until something happens.

"Well, the M.I.'s on the case so maybe it'll be over soon" I mumble, knowing quite well that it's never that easy. They don't reply, already aware that I know those words don't mean much.

"Anyway" I start loudly, taking it upon myself to change the mood, "Today I'm staying in the village, I'll be either at the gallery, walking around or at home so please don't worry too much".

I finish eating the food and set the dishes away in the kitchen before going to the front door. As I put on my shoes, I hear a few pair of feet hurry to my side so when I look up, three handsome faces stare at me.

Hoseok is first to take action, taking me in his arms with a satisfied groan as he pulls me close to him, only releasing me when Yoongi starts getting impatient, the bond the first hint before we see his face. With a chuckle, I step aside in front of him and open my arms. He tries to hide his smile but his eyes show all his affection as he scoops me up in his arms and holds me tight. Jin then grabs me from his arms, not letting me touch the floor just yet and he rests his face in my neck, breathing in my smell before putting me down on my feet and gives me the cutest little smile.

I wave goodbye and leave the house with Waffle. We both stop and take a moment to breathe in the natural air, the woody, humid scent of the forest. I look down at the pup by my side and smile.

"Ready to visit a little, buddy? I'll show you around the village". He barks happily, getting up to dance on his four paws, tail hitting the air quickly and I laugh as we start walking away from the house. I can feel eyes on me and when I turn around, I see their faces looking at me through the glass by the door.