Get me a what?

When I wake up, I feel like absolute shit. My skin burns, my blood burns, everything burns. They really abuse of this drug, they use it so easily now, as if I'm not worth the effort of calming down instead.

"How's Namjoon" I manage to whisper, because I know someone's close. I just don't have my full capacity to think rationally just yet.

"I'm fine" I hear and I slowly, very slowly open my eyes to see him gazing down at me, his head just above mine. I'd expect to see a smile, but instead see a deep frown. "How are you" he asks me and I have to think hard about how to reply. "Hum... it could be better?". His mouth becomes a fine line but he doesn't move.

"Do you remember what you saw this morning?". What I saw this morning... what was it already? The spy walked into a room, it felt like his thoughts were directed at me... then the boss... oh yeah, he talked to me. The boss knew I would watch the man's memories. My eyes widen. "They know me" I mumble and he nods, eyes heavy with something dark, but not towards me.

His part of the bond is overflowing with the need to protect me, mixed with a lot of anger, so, so intense. The barrier must be enhancing everything. "It must have been hard, I'm sorry" I tell him,  everything suddenly flashing through my mind in a matter of seconds. He doesn't say anything, but he doesn't need to. His eyes tell me everything I need to know.

I get up into a seated position with his help. I wince at the touch of his skin on mine, my body is still trying to deal with the injection. I probably have a huge fever right now, that would explain why I feel so sluggish.

I turn to him and wrap my arms around his body, letting him be the smaller one for this time. "Did you hurt a lot? It must have been shocking, right?" I whisper and I feel his body start shaking. "I'm so sorry. I wanted to get rid of the barrier but Yoongi said you had to be here. You should remove it now, Namjoon. I don't want you to go through this again. Please" I beg softly in his ears but he just shakes his head.

"No. Now more than ever, you need my protection. I won't remove it" he responds and pushes out of the hug to stare at me. "They're after you, Y/N, this is very important". I nod and close my eyes. "I know, I know. I didn't expect this. But I'd rather know that they know than be in the dark and have everything happen as a surprise. He said he wouldn't act now so that gives me some time to figure things out". "Us, Y/N, that gives US time to figure out how to protect you".

I look up at him with a small smile and look around the room. "Where are the others? How long was I out for?". He sits more comfortably on the bed by my side. "They're in the living room. You were unconscious for five hours. Eunwoo and Jungkook tried to make the drug leave your body but the only thing they could do to help was raise your temperature to make you sweat it out" he explains and I sigh. "That's why I feel like I'm on fire".

"Yes, I'm sorry. Do you feel ready to see the others or do you want to be alone a little?" he asks me with concern. I focus on the bond. They're so scared and anxious, like I could ask them to keep waiting. "Please bring them here. Maybe just avoid touching me for now though". He nods and leaves the room. I hear some muffled voices before six faces pop into the room, Namjoon behind them.

"Hey, little one" Yoongi whispers as he takes place on the bed and gives me a small smile. "I told you everyone would be waiting for you" he adds and I chuckle softly. "You did". I look at the others, one at a time. Their eyes are so tired, hurt, some remnant of panic in the depths of their pupils.

"I wish I could block you all from experiencing this" I whisper and Taehyung steps closer to my face, making sure to not touch me. "Don't keep us out. We're stronger together". Jungkook and Jimin nod while walking closer and they all crouch in front of me.