Moving on

Jin's POV

"They're asleep" I say, the bond flowing through us now calm and peaceful. Such a relief because I was getting really tired trying to avoid everything a heartache from these two.

MJ and Moonbin stare at the bedroom's door where I just came from and sigh. "She looked really down and exhausted. Did it not go well?" the latter asks and Namjoon shakes his head.

"Not really. Park Seo-joon is trying to teach her how to connect less deeply to the pictures but... she's been having to connect with her whole soul all her life, it's quite a struggle for her. She experimented a method but it didn't go well at all and got her sick, so we determined that it was enough for today. Still, she's not giving up. She proceeded to connect to important pictures and got a lot of information out of Seo-joon's men. It was almost scary how... used to this she was. The details she said... that was straight up gore she described and she was unfazed by it" he explains, chills running up his spine.

Not disgust by her, but disgust for her. The things her eyes have seen, I can't even start to imagine what she's been through so far. "Luckily she didn't have to endure the pain. Like she said, it was watching the men's memories, things they saw so it didn't affect her" Taehyung adds, sensing from Hoseok and Jungkook that the worry was growing.

Moonbin sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Honestly, I'm really glad that this is all they make her do. She always wanted her ability to be useful, she simply didn't like how she was forced and having to go through all the murders... she's seen and felt death more than any of us ever will. So for her to give this her all? I'm relieved. That means she feels safe and in control. And this is for Eunwoo so I know she's going to do her best. She'll get through this. We'll get him back. Everything will get back in order and we'll get the normal and happy life we all dream of".

I smile at his hopeful words and take a seat at the dining table. "She's strong, no one can deny that. Yet that's also why we're so scared for her. She doesn't see things like we do. Or should I say... we're unable to see things the way she does. And that's normal. It's just hard to not worry for her wellbeing. When we were waiting for our last soulmate to appear in our lives, we never expected such a broken young woman... I wish we could do more for her, but every time we try... it seems to make things worse, doesn't it?" I let out defeated.

Jimin comes to sit on my lap and hugs me, his head resting on my shoulder, strong love flowing right through my veins. I breathe in and hug him back, thankful for his warmth.

MJ takes a chair next to us and turns to me. "Trust me, Jin-ah, we know exactly how you guys feel. We've known her for years, and during all this time, what could we do? Wait for her to come back wailing, heart in pieces and sick like never before. But you know what?" he takes a moment to make eye contact with our group before turning back to me. "That's exactly what she needs. For the people she loves to be there for her when she comes back. She doesn't need knights in armor. She needs her family. She needs her soulmates. As long as she has that, she can get through anything".

I open an arm for Hoseok when I see his face stained with tears and he doesn't waste time coming to snuggle with Jimin and I. Rubbing his back up and down, I give MJ a grateful smile, knowing his words are more than true. And goodness do they help.

The door opens at that time and I watch as Sanha, Jinjin and Rocky step inside with trays filled with food. My hungry stomach grumbles in loud impatience because our worry drained us all today and our body is in urgent need of nutrients. "Are Yoongi and Y/N not here?" Jinjin asks, eyes taking in the missing faces as he sets his tray down on the table.

"They are, they're just sleeping. Barely got ten minutes of rest in their body but that'll have to wait, they need to eat too. I'll go get them up" I say, wait for Jimin to get off me, his hands not letting go of Hoseok while I get to our bedroom's door. Opening it slowly, I step inside and close the door behind me to avoid all the noise the guys are making from waking them up the wrong way.