Suppositions

Taehyung's POV

While I listen to them talk, something goes through my mind. That emptiness that Yoongi describes, the hole that threatens to swallow her up. It's a hole I had of my own that my soulmates filled. I thought it was just because of their absence, that their presence, the bonding was what my soul needed.

What if it's no different for her? Her soul tries so hard to fill that emptiness, that it uses other people's memories to try and feel complete. What if by us bonding with her, we could fill that hole, make her soul content, then maybe she wouldn't have triggers of memories at any time."What if..." I start before stopping to gather my thoughts.

"What if what, Tae?" Jimin asks and I look up from my hands. "What if... us bonding with her could push aside the space the bad memories take? It's just a guess, but the hole that Yoongi feels, what it causes her soul to use anything at hand to try and make it disappear, less intense?".

I see eyes widen, mouth drop open. "The fact that she has more than just her own memories... her soul would try to stock them somewhere, anywhere" I add and I see Moonbin and MJ nod slowly. "I think that could be possible" the latter says with hope in his eyes. When I also feel hope in the bond, I feel the need to add that it's just a supposition, because it can not work, not be the cause, not do anything. But I don't, because now that I created faith, I don't want to destroy it so soon.

"She has been having them more lately..." Moonbin murmurs, but we all hear him.

"Could it be because now that her soul felt our presence, the longing is ever more present?" Hoseok suggests while looking at me. But before I can say anything, Namjoon gasps loudly and stares at me with wide eyes.

"Tae! Remember the book I read at the library?! The one about understanding someone's soul. I remember reading that when soulmates are close enough that the ring of fate turns red... for some people, it can trigger something without even being aware of it. When the bonding doesn't happen right away, there's a counter reaction. Instead of reaching out to the soulmates, the soul reaches within itself and takes matter into its own hands. They say it's quite rare, because the soul isn't made to be independent of itself. The pull would be there, but the soul doesn't push you towards them the way it should. Could it be what happened to her? To feel better, her soul could've decided to bring back memories, add those that she had recently, they overwhelmed her".

MJ gets up and paces the room. "And then she got the picture, your memories. It soothed her a lot. Appeased her soul, honestly I think it even made the nightmare a lot less worse than it should've been, because it knew who the memory belonged to. A soulmate". I think about it. It could make sense. "But she did say that she felt the pull, she just didn't understand right away" Jungkook mumbles.

I smile at him. "The book didn't mention not feeling the pull. It just probably felt weaker. She must have felt the pull the way we felt for one person when she met all of us together for the first time. I saw her hesitate when she entered the cafe but she recovered quickly, I thought it was weird at the time, but it would make sense now". 

"Then we need to bond with her quickly" Jungkook exclaims, fists in the air and Jin nods. "We should set a date tomorrow, ask her to come with us to bond. She already knows we want to do it all together so she'll agree". Namjoon takes his phone and sighs. "We also need to tell her that we're leaving soon".

The mood shifts. I wrap my arms around Jin and set my head on his shoulder. "Do you think she'll be mad at us?" I murmur and Jin strokes my hair gently. "Of course not, she'll understand".

Your POV

When I wake up in my bed, a smile forms on my face. I remember last night and I feel butterflies in my stomach. Feeling Yoongi's soul connected to mine feels good, comforting. It was like his warmth was enveloping me without even being near. But I could feel a slight nervousness in the bond. Was something happening?