The new cherished memory of my heart

When we enter the cafe, we're automatically met with the sweet aroma of pastries and coffee. I can already see Yoongi lean towards the coffee machine, his eyes fixing the cup of dark coffee that's passed from one pair of hands to an other at the counter.

Waffle is trying his hardest to keep his saliva at bay, the smile is overwhelming and all his senses are screaming for cookies. He can see the cookies on the counter with a little paper on which is written - DOG TREATS - . Should he try to ask for some? Or should he stay quiet and act like an adult? He truly doesn't know.

Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung are already staring at the little cakes behind the glass, all wondering which ones they should take, one who prefer which one. At this point, I trust them enough to know that they're going to get me something chocolatey. Always chocolate, it's easy.

Namjoon and Jin bring me with them to find some tables for us, Waffle eventually following behind with almost regret in his step while Yoongi and Hoseok stay with the youngests to make sure they don't cause trouble.

We find a corner where three tables and separated, but empty, so we proceed to move them next to the one by the window so we can all sit together. Once ready, I sit right by the window, Waffle at my feet, Namjoon in front of me and Jin goes to join the others after murmuring about something in the bond making him think that one of the youngests is about to pull a prank.

I chuckle when I see him running over to the group and scold a pouty Taehyung who's been found out too quickly while Jimin and Jungkook giggle like kids, probably then saying that it was just a matter of time before he would be found out, his emotions are a huge giveaway when he's about to do something.

It takes a while, but they eventually come back with their arms full and they start setting everything on the table.

---

Goes as follows: (l being the windows)

l
l
l NJ  JM JIN JK
l Y/N YG  HK TAE

---

Yoongi slides a cup of hot chocolate in front of me, but my focus is taken away when I quickly spot the double chocolate cake on the tray. But just when I'm about to grab it, Hoseok takes it from my reach and he instead gives me strawberry cake.

I look up at him with betrayed eyes but he entirely ignores me, hovering his fork above the cake many times as I eye the delicious treat with a mouth wide open and sad eyes.

What is this? Why am I being treated that way? Strawberries? Me? AH. The audacity!

I don't know whether I should feel disappointed or just accept that today I'm not eating the chocolate cake. Someone else can enjoy the treat too... I'll act nice and just deal with it... Trying to force my pout out of my face but failing miserably, I take my fork I stare at the strawberry, wondering if I should start with it or keep it for the end.

With one resolved sigh, I can do this, I pick at the strawberry and that's when the laughter explodes. Hoseok, red in the face from his loud laughing, is almost letting his face drop on the cake as his body shakes uncontrollably. Luckily, Jungkook saves it just in time before Hoseok's forehead hits the table and I am Jungshook.

"You did it on purpose!" I shout when I see him look at me with teary eyes, a huge smile on his face and he starts laughing again at my expression. Soon, the others join in on his laugh and I am left gaping like a fish at the prank they just pulled on me.

I decide to drown my anger in hot chocolate and slowly sip at my cup while gazing out of the window.

I don't need such negativity in my life. I'm going to enjoy my drink and then leave them behind, I don't care about cakes, I'm old enough to-