thirty seven

a horrible turn of events

Draco decided to approach Professor Snape in his classroom, just as class let out. He stood near the corner, as Snape glanced over to him, curiously. "What can I help you with, mister Malfoy?" Draco wasn't entirely sure how to begin this discussion, and he was worried for the answer, but he knew he needed to protect his sister.

"When you made the unbreakable vow," He began quietly, as Snape looked up, with an eyebrow raised. "Did my sister apply to that, as well?" Draco proceeded.

"Yes." Snape muttered, confused at what he wanted.

"My task will be fulfilled soon, and I'd like my sister protected. She's vulnerable, and I don't think it'd be best for her around all of this, especially our family." He continued, hoping Snape would have some sort of kindness deep within his cold heart.

"What exactly are you implying?" Snape asked, finally.

"I have a favor to ask."

Theodosia sat with Beverly and Xander in the great hall, as they talked amongst themselves. She glanced across the room, to see Harry speaking with Katie Bell, and Draco down the way, looking nervous. She watched as Harry looked over his shoulder to her brother and then before she knew it, Draco was rushing out, and Harry was following. This felt like a bad circumstance, so she leapt up, worried for what outcome was going to follow. "Theo, where are you going?" Beverly called out, but Theo couldn't stop her feet. She felt something was going to happen and she knew it wouldn't be good. She watched as Harry followed Draco into one of the restrooms, and she went after, entering into the madness which had already erupted into chaos. Water sprayed all over the bathroom, with broken sinks and glass lying all across the floor.

"Sectumsempra!" She heard the shout from Harry, and ran over to the center of the room, where her brother lay on the floor, surrounded by his own blood. Looking to Harry, she gasped, shocked that he could produce such a harmful spell, but also fearing for her brother's life.

"What did you do?" She shouted, rushing to Draco's side, and kneeling down next to him.

"I—" Harry tried to begin, but couldn't explain his actions, as he had no idea what this spell would actually do and how much damage it could cause.

"Get out!" Theodosia screamed, angrily, when Snape emerged, looking down at the horrific scene, and then placing himself on the opposite side of Draco. Harry stared a few more moments. "Haven't you done enough, Potter? Leave!" Theodosia screamed again, looking back to Draco, and grasping onto his hand, nervously, as Snape began to heal him. Harry quickly rushed out, feeling somewhat sorry for his actions, but at the same time, knowing exactly what and who Draco was. "Will he be okay?" She asked him, finally, after a few minutes of Snape reversing the effects of the spell. Snape looked up to her, with a slight nod, as Draco's breathing began to regulate itself back to normal. "I know what he has to do." She confided in the professor, who looked up at her, dumbfounded.

"You understand I wont let that happen, correct?" He eventually said, as Draco stay in a sleep-like state. "I swore to protect him, therefore I will."

"Did they have you swear to protect me as well, Professor?" She asked, quietly, as he eyed her, cautiously, noting the good, deep inside her. Snape had an enact for determining what someone's true intentions were, and he saw her love and kindness, almost like seeing how pure her soul truly was. She was nothing like her family, and Draco's request for her protection, was now becoming more clear in his mind, for what he was to do with the girl, even if he was reluctant.

"Yes." He finally responded. She nodded, looking back to Draco as he began to wake up, breathlessly. Tears flooded his face, and Theodosia leaned forward, pulling him into a gentle hug.