thirty six

i need someone like you to lighten the load

Theodosia returned to school, not wanting to see her brother, as she was furious, but also hopeful he had no idea what had happened over break. Her mind was like scrambled eggs, she was conflicted and felt ashamed, but also felt her love overpower everything. Nothing compared to the feeling she had with Fred, and even his family, as they were more accepting of her than anyone, even if they didn't know her whole truth, she knew they had their suspicions, but they still seemed to accept her. "So, how was it, then?" Beverly asked Theodosia, who looked up from her book.

"How was what?" She asked.

"The in-laws, of course." She rolled her eyes, seating herself across.

"Christ, Bev, we aren't married." Theodosia rolled her eyes. "It was fine. Up until their home burnt down." She looked back down to her book, not wanting to get into it.

"Jesus, what happened?" Beverly grew concerned.

"My aunt, of course. And another death eater, decided to make an appearance."

"Did they see you?" Beverly asked, more concerned for her friend.

"You think I'd be sitting here if they had?" Theodosia asked, rhetorically. "Anyways, their main focus was Harry. Which, great for me, but terrible for him." She continued.

"Well, I'm glad you're alright. Don't know what I'd do without you." Beverly sighed, holding her hands from across the table. Theodosia nodded, before standing up.

"I'll meet up with you in our room later?" She asked, while Beverly nodded and then Theodosia walked off, to the room of requirement.

When she arrived at the familiar wall, she conjured it up, letting herself in. Draco sat on the floor, in quiet sobs. She approached him, not knowing what was possibly wrong, and then she saw it. The dead dove, laying before him. "Draco," she tried to begin.

"Don't." He stopped her, through his cries, before sniffling, and wiping his tears.

"Draco, are you okay?" She continued.

"Damnit, Theodosia, I said don't." He stood up, as she fell back a little in surprise at his abrupt movement. "Soon, soon we're going to have to bring them here." He finally spoke, noticing her sad expression. "Maybe you should leave school for a bit." He finally said, looking to her again.

"Leave? Wouldn't that seem suspicious?" She asked him, nervously.

"Who cares? Everyone's going to know the truth soon enough." He told her as they walked to the dusty sofa nearby, and Draco took off his jacket, laying it down for them to sit on.

"Where would I even go?" She asked. "I can't go home. I can't be around our parents." She looked down, more upset. "Not after what Bellatrix did to the Weasley's." She shook her head, frustrated. Draco grew quiet, and she knew he knew. But she also knew he had no part of it, obviously.

"Maybe Fred could take you in for a bit?" He asked.

"And risk his life? And their family's? I couldn't." She shook her head again, knowing she couldn't put them at risk like that. The two grew quiet. Contemplating their next action and where she could potentially go. And then it struck him, he knew who to ask.

"I have an idea."