twenty five

an awkward exchange of glances

As Professor Dumbledore did his usual greeting to the Great Hall, Theodosia sat next to Xander and Beverly, completely out of touch with the speech, and dazing off at the wall following her view. Draco looked particularly depressed, as he really had been, and Harry looked toward Theodosia, confused as to why she sat with her brother on the train. Normally, it obviously wasn't a weird thing for siblings, especially twins, to sit by one another and hangout together, but everyone knew Theodosia hated her family, and they also knew her and Draco have never been on good terms ever since she was sorted into Gryffindor. And since Fred had briefly mentioned she had stopped writing a good month or more ago, Harry was not only curious, but also intrigued. "Now, off to bed!" Dumbledore announced, snapping both Draco and Theodosia out of their thoughts.

"That was grim." Beverly commented, as they stood up.

"What was?" Theodosia asked, realizing she completely zoned out.

"Are you sure you're alright? You seem very distracted." Beverly asked, placing her hand on Theodosia's forehead, checking her temperature as if that'd prove anything.

"I'm fine, sorry. Uh, I'll meet up with you guys tomorrow." She responded, noticing her brother from afar, walking by himself.

"Uh, okay?" Beverly questioned just after Theodosia had already run off. She quickly caught up to Draco, who seemed to be sulking in the shadows.

"Hey." She greeted, breathlessly, while he looked over to her. "What's your plan? I don't want you getting hurt or caught. You'd be sent to Azkaban for the remainder of your life and I can't have that happen, Draco." She continued, with her paranoid self.

"Bloody hell, Theo, I'll be fine." He said, sternly, trying to walk away from her, but she grabbed his arm, in protest, stopping him in his tracks.

"I'm just— look, we've finally gotten close, and now I don't know what I'd do if I lost you. You're my brother, my twin. You're literally my other half, and I feel I need to protect you, okay?" She demanded, trying to snap out of this helpless mindset she had been stuck in for a few months now.

"Seriously, Theodosia, go to bed." He snapped, shaking her from his arm, and storming off, leaving her in the corridor by herself. She slowly turned, and began her departure to the Gryffindor chambers, where she'd find her room, with Beverly patiently waiting, and went to bed.