fifteen

butterflies

Theodosia looked over to a sleeping Fred beside her, laying ever so comfortably in her bed. Her eyes drifted past him, as Bev sat on her bed, and looked up from her book. "Fun night I see?" She asked her friend.

"Nothing happened!" Theodosia mouthed, trying not to wake the boy beside her.

"Mhm, sure." Bev rolled her eyes, jokingly.

"What's the time?" Theodosia asked quietly.

"7 a.m." Beverly responded. Theodosia knew the O.W.L examinations started at 9. Beverly was currently getting some last minute studying in, before that, and clearly, Theodosia instead had other plans, staying up half the night talking with Fred. She confided in him of things she had never told anyone. Even if it were just her desire to teach potions one day here at Hogwarts, considering she excelled in that class and found an immense love for it, even with Snape being their teacher. For the most part, they talked, with a little bit of kissing here and there, and quite honestly, Theodosia didn't even remember falling asleep.

Beverly continued to look down at her book, as Theodosia looked back down at a sleeping Fred, who looked content. She smiled to herself, feeling herself fall for him more just by how utterly adorable he was the majority of the time, when he of course wasn't always messing with her. She nudged him a little, in attempt to wake him, but found no luck. "You wanna get breakfast?" She asked, looking back to Beverly, who immediately put her book down, and threw her robe on.
After the two got themselves ready, quietly, they walked to the Great Hall, where Xander waited patiently at one of the tables.

"About time you two got here. I've been waiting for thirty minutes." He said, taking a mouthful of scrambled eggs.

"We didn't ask you to wait." Beverly commented as the girls sat down across from him. "Plus, Theo here had a long night." She smirked with a wink.

"What does that mean?" Xander looked up, confused.

"Go ahead, tell him who spent the night in our room." Beverly demanded, just messing with her friend.

"You had a guy sleep in your bed?" He sounded shocked.

"Bold of you to assume it was a guy." Theodosia rolled her eyes at him. "But, yes, I did."

"Who?" Xander said loudly.

"Fred." Beverly spoke up for her, as she seemed more excited than Theodosia was, now.

"Fred?" Xander now shouted, shocked at the revelation, while standing up slightly from his seat.

"Christ, Bean, can you lower your voice? I don't need my brother hearing that!" Theodosia pushed him back down on the bench.

"Sorry, sorry, I just knew you two were friends, just didn't think you guys got that friendly!" He said quietly, still excited. Theodosia rolled her eyes at her friends seeming so surprised that she was spending time with someone.

"So are you two like, a thing now?" Beverly proceeded to ask while now cutting up the sausage link into little pieces on her plate.

"I, uh, I dont know, actually. I mean we confessed we liked one another and we talked for hours last night while you were at the library. We kissed, so—"

"You two kissed?" Xander shouted once more.

"Oh my god, Xander, will you stop!" Theodosia and Beverly both shouted at him, shoving him to his seat once again. "Yes, but if my brother finds out, I'm done for." She whispered to him, as he nodded.

"Look at that, our little Theo is finally dating." Beverly scuffed up the top of her head, enthusiastically, as Theodosia lifted up her middle finger, with a smile.

When 9 rolled around, the students began their O.W.L exams. Theodosia was deep in concentration, when a sudden noise, caused Umbridge to gasp, and look around confused. Theodosia looked up, and around as well, when suddenly, sparks of fireworks came flooding into the room, causing them all to jump up in excitement. Theodosia had a funny feeling of what was happening, and her suspicions were confirmed when in came Fred and George, flying on broomsticks and soaring through the air, lighting off more fireworks. Umbridge was furious, as Theodosia looked to her from across the room and let out a little laugh, then back to the boys, more specifically, Fred. He looked down at her, and then nodded toward the ceiling, where she noticed he sent a spell, causing a hundred little butterflies to come fluttering down, surrounding her, gently. A perfect representation of the butterflies in her stomach.

The boys quickly flew out, when a giant firework dragon chased after Umbridge, and exploded causing all her nonsense rules to fall from their places on the wall. The twins now flew out of the castle, lighting off more fireworks in the sky, as all the students piled out in the open to watch the display. "They're gonna be in so much trouble!" Beverly shouted over the cheering students at Theodosia. And she agreed, as they really would be.

Hey, everyone, quick little change. I am not having this be Fred and George's departure, as I want them to finish out this year for the story's sake. So really, this is NOT their departure from Hogwarts, only them doing a prank. But this will still be their last year at Hogwarts💛