five

if you stand for nothing, what'll you fall for?

         As classes began, Theodosia found herself wandering into Defense Against The Dark Arts, where their new professor, Umbridge, would be taking the roll over from Moody. She looked around, as everyone talked amongst themselves, and she looked up to see a paper bird flying above her head. Her eyes watched as it made its way over to the Patil sisters, and suddenly, the paper combusted into firey flames and dissipated into nothingness. Her eyes looked up, as she noticed Umbridge at the back of the class, with a grim smirk across her lips. Theodosia already sensed the distaste she held for her. "Good morning, children." She greeted. Not children, Theodosia thought to herself, as everyone else looked back at the woman dressed in all gaudy pink. "Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations." She said in a cheery voice, which was very off putting. Theodosia quickly took her seat in the back, with Beverly beside her, and Xander in the seat in front of them. "O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs." She informed the lot of them as she approached the head of the classroom and stood straight, examining all of her students faces. "Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." She shrugged with a look that made Theodosia's skin crawl. Umbridge then took her wand out, letting the books make their way to each student at every table. "From now on, you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic." She informed them and Theodosia's eye caught attention of Hermione Granger's hand shooting straight up in the air. "Yes?" Umbridge asked her.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Hermione questioned, as Theodosia looked down at the book, and began examining the pages, realizing that Hermione was indeed correct on her assumption.

"Using spells?" Umbridge laughed, mockingly, "well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." She approached Hermione's desk.

"We're not going to use magic?" Ron leaned forward in question, as Theodosia felt herself become more confused considering they were wizards, they should be learning to use spells.

"You will be learning about defense in a risk-free way, Mister Weasley." She informed him, confidently.

"Bloody hell." Theodosia felt her lips mutter before she could stop herself. Umbridge looked up to her, and before she could scold the young girls comment, a voice interrupted.

"What use is that? If we're attacked, it wouldn't be risk-free." Harry told her, as Umbridge's eyes darted to him now, instead.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class." Umbridge noted, sternly.

"Well, I didn't see Ron raise his hand." Theodosia now found herself defending Harry, feeling the sharp eyes of her brother from the table over.

"Well, how's theory supposed to prepare us for what could be out there?" Harry sounded frustrated, and Theodosia completely understood why.

"Who do you imagine would want to attack children like yourself?" Umbridge smiled a fake smile. This caused Theodosia to laugh a little, considering clearly Voldemort had no issue attacking an infant and his family.

"Oh, I dont know, maybe Lord Voldemort." Harry suddenly spoke, causing Theodosia to smirk even more, as the rest of the class let out a certain kind of gasp in reaction. Umbridge looked around carefully at the students, uncertain of herself or her authority, and quickly realized she needed to put that in check.

"You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie." Umbridge began pacing down the isles of the class.

"It's not a lie! I saw him. I fought him." Harry insisted.

"Detention, Mister Potter!" Umbridge shouted, returning to her podium.

"So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead on his own accord?" Harry demanded an answer from her, disregarding Umbridge's feelings.

"It was a tragic accident." Umbridge sighed, frustrated with the boy who lived. Theodosia could feel anger bubbling inside her, as she realized soon enough, she really hated Professor Umbridge.

"It was murder! Voldemort killed him." Harry claimed, growing angered, himself.

"Detention!" She proceeded to shout once more.

"Christ, Dolores, would you just hear him out?" Theodosia found herself commenting, as some of the class looked wearily over toward her, as calling a professor by their first name was seen as very disrespctful. Beverly stared at her friend, widening her eyes as a symbol to just shut up, but Theodosia couldn't contain herself. Even if she wasn't particularly friends with Harry Potter, she didn't agree with how people were treating him these days, especially when he was absolutely correct on his claims.

"Enough!" Umbridge shouted to the two of them. "Detention for you, as well, Miss Malfoy!" She told her, trying to recompose herself. "You both may see me later. My office." She let out a little high pitched giggle, as Theodosia's facial expression dropped, and she went back to sulking in her chair.

"Can't you ever just shut up?" She heard her brother comment from the table over and she shot him a quick glare, before looking down at her hands placed on the desk before her.