eleven

a new kind of army

         Theodosia waited inside the small little building called The Hog's Head, amongst a few other students. She couldn't help but notice the uncomfortable glares sent toward her, as she waited patiently, feeling as though she didn't belong. But she wanted to belong. She wanted to help Harry and his friends and also just mostly take down Umbridge, aka, the she-devil in pink. Even with being a Malfoy, she had a different side to her, and many of the students clearly underestimated that. She was the good, which came from the bad, but she couldn't prove it unless people gave her the chance, which didn't happen too often, until now. "You made it." A voice caught her off guard, as she looked over to see Fred.

"Yeah, I figured why not." She shrugged slightly, when a voice interrupted.

"Um, hi." Hermione began, shortly after the three of them entered in. "So, you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. One who has had real experience defending themself against the dark arts."

"Why?" Seamus asked, and Theodosia couldnt help but roll her eyes. She found herself doing that a lot this year.

"Because you know who is back, you tosspot!" Ron insulted him.

"Why are you even here, Seamus. Your mum reads the Daily Prophet, remember?" Theodosia spoke up, insensitively.

"The real question would be, why're you here, Malfoy." He shot back, as she stood to her feet, in protest.

"What'd I say about calling me that?" She demanded, angrily.

"Well, it's your name, isn't is?" He scoffed, as everyone stared around at them.

"Oh, just shut it, Seamus." Fred now defended Theodosia, pulling her back down to her seat beside him. She looked to him, thankfully, and then focused back on the trio ahead of them.

"The point is, where's the proof?" Seamus asked Hermione, now.

"Come on, Hermione, let's go." Harry whispered to Hermione, as she attempted to stop him from rushing out. "They don't believe me, obviously, and there's no point in trying." He continued to mutter, before someone interrupted, kindly.

"Is it true you can produce a patronus charm?" A sweet voiced asked, and they all looked to see Luna standing near the back.

"Yes, I've seen it." Hermione confirmed, as they all grew a little excited, since not many of them really knew how. They all began to boast about the accomplishments Harry had achieved in the past, and even though Theodosia heard the theories of the boy, she had truly never witnessed any, because as stated before, she always kept her distance.

"Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that, but truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time and I nearly always had help. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. School you can always try again tomorrow, but in real life when you could be murdered, or you watch a friend die, you don't know what that's like." Harry insisted, as Theodosia adjusted herself in her seat, uncomfortable with the subject, as Harry hadn't been the only one to witness the death of someone, in this room.

"You're right, Harry, we don't. That's why we need your help. Because you're our only hope at defeating—" Hermione stopped herself before saying it, as Theodosia's eyes glossed over the room, noticing a few students still give her weary looks, intimidated by her presence. "Voldemort." She finally said.

"He's really back?" A student asked, as Harry gave them all a look of knowing. Theodosia knew he was back, and that was terrifying to her.

"Alright, where do we sign?" Theodosia finally spoke up, standing to her feet and watching as Ron pulled out a piece of parchment and quill. She quickly grabbed it, writing down the simple words:

𝒯𝒽𝑒𝑜𝒹𝑜𝓈𝒾𝒶 𝑀𝒶𝓁𝒻𝑜𝓎

Her eyes made their way to Harry's, when he let himself smile at her, really taking in the idea that she was clearly, nothing like her brother. And that thought, made him feel more comfortable with her around. Especially since she had been defending him since the school year began, and he also just sensed some goodness within her. Theodosia was nothing like the other Malfoy's. And it wouldn't take too long for the other students to grasp that concept.