ten

a little bit of solice

The letter stared up at Theodosia, as she sat on the leather sofa in the Gryffindor common room, while the fire place was lit before her, illuminating the room.

Dear Theodosia,

Your father and I were writing to inform you that your knew professor, has been keeping a close eye on your brother and you. As much as I'd love to say we are pleased with your actions so far this year, we happen to be very taken back, and quite disappointed. Please make better choices, as we wouldn't want anymore embarrassment to be bestowed upon our names. Draco has been keeping himself in line, and—

"What's that?" A voice asked, peering over Theodosia's shoulder, as she looked up to see Bev standing above her, with Xander just nearby. Theodosia quickly crumbled the parchment into a little ball, slipping it into her bag, and moved herself over so her friends could seat themselves beside her on the sofa.

"Nothing, just a stupid letter from my parents. Not too pleased with my actions, I guess." She shrugged, rolling her eyes and taking a quick glance around the common room.

"Ignore them, Theo." Xander spoke up, leaning back and taking a bite of the chocolate frog he had bought from Honeyduke's earlier that day. "You've been on their leash for years, it's about time you start acting like yourself." He smirked toward her as she let out a small smile, before looking past him, noticing a familiar face. His eyes looked up, glancing back at her, and then approaching the lot of them.

"Hey, Theo." He smiled.

"Fred." She greeted back, as Bev and Xander looked between the two of them, slightly confused. "Where's thing two at?" She smirked toward him as he let out a little laugh.

"With Angela." He told her, sounding annoyed with the fact that his twin was choosing some girl over him, constantly, these days. "So, uh, I actually was wanting to ask you something." He finally said, as she looked to him, raising an eyebrow. She looked to her two friends, nodding to them, indicating to leave for a bit. The two obliged, before walking off into the distance, with Fred seating himself next to her.

"What's up?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Hermione approached me, with this idea that maybe we should all form some sort of group to learn some real magic, since we don't seem to be learning any with Umbridge in charge. I wanted to invite you to come to their first meeting of sorts." He told her, with a slight smile, hoping she'd say yes, as he couldn't help but feel an attraction to the beautiful Malfoy girl.

"You think they'd want Draco's sister there?" She rose an eyebrow, curiously.

"I mean you and Harry seem to be on a path of friendship, so I don't see why not." He shrugged, eyeing her as she thought to herself. Theodosia knew this could be a chance to redeem herself in the eyes of her peers, but she also knew her parents would be furious if they found out. But at this point, what's there to lose? She had no desire to give in to her parents every whim, and she was her own person, wanting to do good for a change.

"Alright. When is it?" She finally asked as Fred let out another smile, lighting the room.