Never

-Kathryn-

"Can you manage?" Paulit ulit ang pagtango ni Kathryn. "Okay then. I really want to stay and take care of you, but I have to meet imp-"

"It's okay. I'm okay." But she wasn't. She'll never be okay again.

"Take care of yourself okay? Call me" Tumango nalang si Kathryn at nagtalukbong.

Pagkarinig ng sarado ng pinto, doon nalang napaiyak ang naiwan.

Quen ........ He was perfect. As a friend, a son, a brother, a business partner, a fiancee, and possibly, a father too. Responsible, Very Patient and Kind-hearted. He was everything any girl could wish for.

Pero bakit hindi siya masaya?

She whimpered as she slowly drifted into a deep slumber.

*

"M-may ib-ba ka n-na?" Daniel's words slurred as he cried in realization.

She remained stiffed on her feet.

"F-fiancee? Kathryn....... a-ano to?" She bit her lip, still trying not to break down.

"Di........ Diba........ Ako m-mahal mo? Joke......... Joke time lang to di ba?" As she started shaking her head from side to side, the look on Daniel's face was unbearable.

He looked so lost. He looked like as if he lost a million. She couldn't handle any longer, so she continued.

"I found someone else, Daniel." Not even a second later, Daniel was down on his knees.

"No............. no............ You're joking." He tried to laugh but instead, soft cries were heard.

"I'm sorry"

"Bakit I'm Sorry? Ah! I'm sorry for teasing you! Ah! Ganon yon diba? Okay sige I forgive you, baby." He was begging her to take it back.

"I'm serious."

"I'm serious too, Kath. You can't just tell me you found someone! Just about 5 minutes ago, you told me you loved me and that I should never forget that! Eh tangina! Ano to! Tigilan mo na Kathryn! Ang sakit sakit na!"

"But it's true, Daniel. I found someone."

"NO! YOU'RE LYING! STOP LYING TO ME! STOP TELLING ME THIS THINGS! Please, Kath. Baby, Babe, Bal, Bally.......... Please take it back......"

"I'm sorry, Daniel." He bowed his head, as if accepting defeat.

"Are you happy?" He softly asks, looking deep into her eyes again.

She remained muted.

"Tell me......... Are you happy?" She stared at him in disbelief. Why is he making it even harder for her?

"Dan----"

"All you have to do is tell me the truth........ Nothing but the plain truth......... answer me, Baby......... Are you happy?"

Baby......... She'll never hear him call her that again......... God knows how much she wanted to cry and tell him that she's not happy......... That he was the only one who could bring her happiness............. She wanted to tell him to take her to somewhere faraway that no one would find them.............

But she nodded. He faked a smile. "Okay then." He stood up on his feet, still wobbly as his eyes filled with tears again.

"I thought I was the only one who could make you happy........" He sniffed. "........But I guess not."