The Cutest

6/26/16

Childish, but the realest.

----------------------

Daniel walks in, hand in hand with Kathryn, the latter all smiles while waving.

Both sported gray shirts, too identical, it seemed as if they planned it all along. Settling themselves on their designated chair, it signified the start of another school day.

It didn't matter.

It didn't feel like that.

At all.

Maybe it's because it's been too long.

They've been together since grade school. It was a well known fact.

But due to unfortunate events, they were not in the same class during middle school.

A harsh experience, they would say. There were times, times too many, when they were losing hope, arguments thrown, misunderstandings aboard and they did not want to fight anymore.

Times that they felt tired.

And hopeless.

For some reason, they still keep coming back.

After a week or two, either she's going to act like it never happened, of he's going to say sorry.

They keep coming back.

To each other.

Now, officially stepping up to 11th grade, they were finally in the same class again.

Kathryn had her legs crossed and was busy fiddling with her phone. Her attention was soon diverted after she noticed him staring.

She makes a face to which he laughed at, even pinching her cheeks.

"Aw!" And she'd turn away, ignore him for the shortest time, and they'll be all over each other after.

It was the cutest.

Reona, who was sitting exactly one line behind, squirms on her seat. "Gah, they're doing it again," She sighs, whispering, although the pair would not hear them. They were too caught up with each other to even notice things around them.

Her eyes met her seatmate's, who was also evidently grinning while watching the couple laugh at the smallest of things.

Reona was Kathryn's classmate since seventh grade. She was there to witness her hardships and the trials of the two's relationship. But Kathryn was also one of the jolliest in the group.

But this? In front of her? Was the happiest she's ever seen her.

She did not laugh like that before.

She did not smile as wide as that.

She was a pretty face with a variety of expressions that still makes her look insanely beautiful, but all Reona could see was Kathryn at her best.

And it's all because of Daniel, her longtime lover.

She might feel a bit jealous.

It was obvious that their love was one that could last forever.

"Kath!" A fellow friend called out, Reona looks at the pair, both still in their own little bubble, and nothing else mattered.