Headcanon

7-29-16

As said, this is a headcanon I kind of imagined one time in the shower (weird, but I get most of my emotional scenes there, too) This is COMPLETELY inspired by The Lunar Chronicles, from the amazing Marissa Meyer, and as mentioned before, it is really my favorite series, as for now. I kind of missed the crew, so I went ahead. This is set in the future (The entire series is set in the future). Hope you guys like it even though it's not KathNiel! :*

----------------------

"I can't believe you told me just now!" Thorne exasperates, hand gestures over dramatic, but that was normal.

Thorne was never normal, though.

"I sent you a comm," Cinder reasons out, shrugging his reaction off, "In fact, Kai sent everyone a comm. Literally every one."

Cinder found it hard to muffle her laughs when she recalled how Kai found out.

"Stars, I'm worried and nervous all at once." Kai paced back and forth before her, eyes filled with mortifying worry and fingers almost violently raking his hair.

"I just passed out. Fainted, no biggie." She said with a blank expression. And he had to glare at her.

"No biggie? Are you even serious right now?" His eyebrows met, and she smiles. "Yes, I am."

"Stars, Cinder." He looks at her in disbelief, frowning. "Well, the doctor kinda said that fainting was somehow normal for pregnant women...."

"Oh, ok--- wait."

"Surprise?" She smiles, Kai's jaw dropping even more so, eyes once full of confusion suddenly regaining the shine it always had.

And then there was happiness.

The next day, the headlines were all about the pregnancy.

"He always forgets me!" Thorne groans, frowning and letting his arms cross, childishly glaring at an innocent tree.

"WHY HAVEN'T I GOTTEN THE WEDDING INVITATION YET? CINDER, IM YOUR BESTFRIEND!" Cinder flinches as Thorne's loud voice boomed from the netscreen.

"Kai's taking care of the invites. He basically wants me to just rest till the wedding day." She rolls her eyes.

It was partly true.

It was true when she claimed that he wanted her to rest. But she could not rest. She tries to bug him, ever so often, insisting to help.

But then he kisses her senseless and she forgets her rebellion.

"I THINK YOUR FIANCÈ SECRETLY HATES ME." She laughs audibly.

"Maybe. Jacin's very very frank with that part, though."

Then, she feels arms picking her up from her seat.

And she was met by a kiss.

"EW!" Thorne's protests were heard.

"Oh don't get me started." She snorts, claiming her place once again, Kai comfortably sitting next to her.

"Kai. I haven't received my invitation."

"I sent Cress an invitation." He deadpanned.