Home This Christmas

12-24-15

"Hush," She whispered to the cold air. "Not now."

She huffs and her nostrils flared. Her eyelids falling by a centimeter, her nose and cheeks as crimson as the sweater she wore. The cold breeze seeped through even the thickest rim of her attire, and she could do nothing but clasp her hands tightly together.

"For as long as the hollow," she murmurs, "Oh my dear, sweet sorrow."

Her heart knew every word, like a lyrics to a song that everyone knew. "For the current that shall follow,"

"My heart will still and forever wallow."

-----------------------

Her mind and heart was fighting.

It felt good to finally have someone recognize her. For such talent she possessed. But her mind was telling her no.

"Indeed. This is such a big milestone for me.... I just....." She murmured.

True enough, never had she run out of words. Literally speaking, her veins were as if will and words were the blood running through it. As long as she had her will, she will have her words. But she emptied all the will out right at that moment.

"Can I.... can I think of it first?" She hopes, and felt euphoric when the other line said yes. "Thank you, I'll call you as soon as I make my decision."

It was her time. She was at the peak of her whole career, possibly her whole life. But she just had to give herself time to grasp what was happening.

"For hey, all was for him, for such lofty goal and be ever prim."

---------------

"Such catastrophe, how long will her waiting be? For such being promised, and the melancholy menace appease."

She wiped away the tear that dared to fall. "Christmas Eve." She sighs to herself. "He's still not here."

She withdraws as her ear hears the sound of a familiar ringtone.

"Thump, the heart goes."

"Hi!" She smiles as his smiling face showcased against the darkness of the night. There he was, looking handsome as ever, even on the shielded screen. Christmas Eve, ey?" He whispered reluctantly, "I miss you, like, hell," Groan, "I can't even tell how much..."

"I miss you too," Reap, "Doesn't feel Christmas-y at all, to be honest." Truthfully.

"You miss me that much?" He jokes, but she nods, "It's not the same without you, you know. I just...."

"It's the first year we spend Christmas apart......"

".......... Some publishing company called me..." She changes the subject. "They were offering to publish fragments of my works, like a compilation of my poems,"

"That's great! I'm happy for you." Upon hearing his reaction, she immediately felt the need to call the publisher and confirm. "I haven't said yes yet."

"It's a big opportunity, love, you should grab it while you can." He cheers, "I wanted to know how you feel about it first,"

"I feel ecstatic. I'm so proud of you. I wish we could celebrate..." He says sadly.

" I'm praying that you make it home tonight,So we can lay down by the fireside.." She sings inwardly. Breathing faintly, "You and I, Till Christmas morning" He joins in shortly.

"There's nothing else that I want this year, More than just to have you here, I'll be waiting"

"I'll be waiting under the mistletoe, While you're driving here through the winter snow, Baby think of me if it helps to get you home" Her tears were pooling as her voice cracked even to the slightest bit.

"When the only gift that I really need, Is to have your arms wrapped around me, Baby think of me if it helps to get you home, Home this Christmas.." He was watching her intently, she fought the urge to break down.

"Looking out the window, Waiting for your head lights, To pull up in the driveway, It's really coming down tonight..." She wasn't going to fight her emotions any more. She let it all out, that night.

"Come back home.... I miss you so much." That was when she heard some sort of sound from a car that has come to a stop. Curiosity killed the cat, she stands and looks at the window.

She was almost speechless as she saw him come out of the car. It was him, she was so sure.

She saw him glance at her window. His perky smile plastered immediately on his face as he witnessed her crying self peeping at the scene.

She looked absolutely hideous, but she took no time at all and sprinted to the door.

And jumped on the arms of the man she was waiting for.

Both of them quivered in breeze of the cold weather. It didn't matter even a tad bit.

"You're home, finally."

"Home this Christmas, for sure. And New Years too, and the rest of our lives. I'm not leaving any time soon." She whispered a quick thank you.

"I'm not gonna let my girl all alone and freezing this Christmas. You deserve to be hugged and kissed to death." He chucks, and she found herself chuckling too.

"I love you." They both said at the same time, as if on cue. But it really wasn't. They just were meant to tell each other how they feel.

They were meant to be together. This Christmas...... and for the rest of their lives. For as long as they shall live.

--------------------

Wishing y'all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

LOVE YOU GUYS! HAHAHAHAHAHA!