For All It's Worth

💙04-26-18💙

First of all... HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPI!💙💙💙 (Wala na me twitter paano ba yan HAHAHAHAHAHA) ALAM MO NA YON CHARARAT!😂💙😂

This one's a continuation of When. And it revolves around the bond formed between Daniel and HIS daughter, Kate. Because it takes heart to be a father in every sense of the bloody word.

Sorry, lugmok pa rin ako sa HP, calligraphy drills and occasional nail painting. *sighs* I need motivation. Wala na rin akong masabi kaya gora nalang.

------------------------------

"Congratulations, graduates!" There was a chorus of hearty laughter, shouts of good humored wishes, and the chandelier-curated ceiling was filtered white as hundreds of caps took flight.

Daniel smiles brightly, eyes trained on his first daughter, who was amidst the celebration. He recognized every single one that she'd hugged tightly (she got her ability to give out amazing hugs from him), and could feel his eyebrows meeting when she bumped into an unrecognized kid.

Well the said 'kid' intended to approach her - basing from his uncertainty and his friends having to push him a meter away from her, it wasn't necessarily out of will - but when he saw her cheeks tinted pink, he knew that she's waited for it, too.

His eyes squinted when the guy seemed to blurt things under his breath, before being rendered shock (as he was) when his baby girl tackled him in a hug.

"Love..." Kathryn brought him back to his senses when she suddenly took hold of his hand. Her eyes followed his gaze, and upon recognizing his expression and steps of (almost) fury, she slapped his arm playfully.

"Let me go, love. I just want to ask him of his intentions ---" She cut him off with a slender finger against his lips. "This is why she was afraid to tell you."

Daniel truly dreaded those words.

-------------

He spent a lot of time watching Kate. He adored her when she was born, and he was nevertheless taken by her still even as their family grew larger in quantity. (God, he loved his children).

It could simply be because of her uncanny resemblance towards her mother. Sometimes, she'd even act so much like Kathryn that he would wonder if he was reminiscing. (He wasn't).

That, of course, was something that he'd been thankful for. She was beautifully created and molded to be just like her mother - except for her unruly curls - and just like Kathryn, Kate was everything he wished for. Along with her siblings.

But today, he wasn't sure if he was supposed to commemorate the fact that she'd been such a beauty, for he knew just how much attention she'd get.

"Why won't he let go of her hand." He grumbles under his breath, eyes magnetically bonded to the pair of hands joined. (She should've also gotten her mother's trait of having sweaty palms. But even then, that never stopped him).

"Relax." Kathryn whispers softly against his ear, sending sparks up his spine. He really didn't want to look away - the kid might lean in and kiss his daughter - but he couldn't bare to not steal a kiss from his Kathryn.