Mended

6-23-16

Awfully sorry for not posting stuff. School started, still trying to get used to the new schedule, and you know, senior high stuff.

I actually do have an exam to take tomorrow, I might just wing it.... so wish me luck, guys!

I have to warn you though, this is super short. All I can make out for now.

Oh! And I hope you noticed the new cover! Credits to whoever made the collage I used for background, kudos! Hahahahahaha I just felt like using a collage would be befitting. Anyway, adios!

--------------------

He remembers her, sitting opposite, eating her heart out and not ever giving a damn.

He'd laugh, countless times, every time he sees her mouth area with splutters of ketchup and cheese bits from her favorite. Spaghetti.

Not being able to contain his smile, he did not try to even prevent himself. Those were the days.

She was with him. He was the happiest.

Never did she know how he feels, she was predominantly a child at heart, and the way she acts, or the way she was rather, did nothing but support that statement.

But he loved her like that. He loved her. He just loved her.

People would tell him how stupid he was to even like a weirdo like her. But that was it. She was a weirdo. She loved weird things. And deep inside, he was a weirdo, too. He never had a fraction of her confidence and carelessness.

She was carefree. Not a care in the world. But God, was she numb.

He tried. Don't dare insult him by saying that he did not try. He did. Dozens, hundreds of times.

He always felt rejected.

But that was Kathryn Bernardo for you. The too high maintenance girl.

At least, he was in her circle of friends. Oh wait, he was her only friend.

Not for long.

The day college started, they drifted apart.

Slowly, she started slipping away from him. Excuses, here and there, new set of friends, new look, a new Kathryn Bernardo.

Until.... snap. Just like that, he became a stranger.

She no longer replied to his messages.

She no longer looked his way.

She no longer said hello in that goofy expression.

Gone. Like the wind.

Like he never really existed.

Like he was a stranger ever since.

Her reasons were not valid.

She left him hanging, and there he is, still hanging, trying to hold on to the stray thread of hope.

Hoping, wishing, that one day, his Kathryn will come back.

------------------

His eyes soften as his gaze lands to the only unoccupied table left. It was where they used to hang out, during vacants, trying not to laugh at petty little things but they'd still end up getting kicked out, anyway.

He takes time to look around. Not a familiar face.

So, he settles himself down. Thereafter, fishing out a book.