The Mechanic

12-27-16

Been meaning to post this one ever since I saw a pic of the mag wherein DJ said that Kath was his Mekaniko. (I THINK I CRIED)

Especially because Cinder and Kai. IYKWIM (I swear my heart melted)

Super short, I'm warning you. Please don't hate me HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

---------------------

Daniel could only muster up a smile as he foresighted his wife. Sleeping soundly, on their king size bed, hugging a pillow of his own.

He makes sure not to make a noise as he paved way to where she was located, keeping the tray he was holding balanced. On the tray was the breakfast he prepared --- eggs and bacon, corned beef, fried rice, milk, and a variety of fruits, contained in a bowl. All were Kathryn's favorite, and it could be becauae she was a bit bias towards his cooking.

If permitted, She'd finish all the food on the table, specifically if it was made by his hands and work.

"Bali, yung abs mo." He would often joke, and Kathryn would glare at him, a perfectly plucked brow raised as she continues to transfer food to her plate.

"Mahal mo pa rin naman ako kahit wala akong abs." He could not find amything to fight that.

Sure, it was the plain and honest truth. He would love her even without those abs. He would love her even without anything she has right now. If she was to be stripped of her physical attributes, he'd continue loving her.

He wasn't there because she was beautiful, neither was he there because she was sexy --- she was surely both of those things --- but even when she gains weight, even if she misses her eyebrow threading appointment, he'll always see through.

He'll always see her as the girl he loved years ago. He'll always see her as his Kathryn, who was his mechanic that would always pick him up and fix him when he goes overboard.

Only Kathryn possessed that kind of magic. Only Kathryn could make him sit still when all he wanted to do was dance -- as though he could not do the act very well. And why? He never asked.

There was no definite answer to that question. Maybe it was because of her adorableness when her eyebrows meet and her angry face makes a special appearance. Maybe it was because he did not want to push her any further. Maybe it was because he didn't want to restrict himself from her kisses as they get deeper into the day.

Or maybe it was destiny talking, that only Kathryn could keep him sane, that only Kathryn would par up to his needs. Only Kathryn would complement him.

He settles the tray down on their nightstand, and takes residence beside her sleeping form. As if instinctively, Kathryn looses hold on his pillow as he dragged it away from her, and her arms found refuge around him.

He pulls her to be atop of him. She leans even more so to the crook of his neck, her brown locks almost ticklish, as he planted a soft buss on her forehead.

Of it all, these hours were of those he favored over anything else. His fingers would never be enough to be able to count those days wherein they'd miss a meeting or be an hour late.

It was a bit confusing. Kathryn was a big morning person. She could wake up at 4AM, even if she only had an hour or two of sleep. After he had her as his wife, things took a turn.

"Shit." Daniel massages his forehead, sitting upright. He turns to look at their bedside table, and the beeping alarm clock at it's wake.

"Bali!" He nudges Kathryn carefully, trying to suppress the seeping panic bubbling abruptly inside him.