Chapter 7 ;)

Your POV;

"You're going to call with Mark tonight?" He asks but nearly states with venom laced in his tone.

Shit. Why does he sound angry? You question yourself.

"Ehh..." You stumble. "I think so ehh, he wanted to make a new friend and I have barely any friends. He also seemed like he needed someone besides his members to talk to and I have the time. Plus he is good company so why not." You quickly ramble.

"Wait." You say. "Why am I explaining this to you?!" You question him. "I don't owe you an explanation." You bite to him.

He looks taken aback, again.

You feel sorry, but he didn't have any right to question your choices.

"Ah no, you're right..." He softly apologises. "It was out of place for me to ask." Lucas says while looking at his hands who lay on his lap.

Your gaze follows his and you're both looking at his hands.

They are big and strong. You wonder how it would feel to hold them.

"Why are you looking at my hands." He jokingly asks.

The duality of this man. First he is angry then he is feeling sorry and now he is joking with you? What is going on.

"Well you looked at your hands so it was a reflex of me to look at them as well, I guess." You shrug back.

A smile forms on his face. "Do you like my hands." He asks you, an attempt of flirting hinting in his voice.

You chuckle. "They are really big." You honestly answer.

"Want to hold them." He asks serious now.

His look is now set on your eyes, like he is trying to read you. Which he is, you can feel his eyes traveling along your features.

"Ehhm." You clear your throat. "Let's start with your foundation." You avoid his question and attempt on creating a tension. For as far as you can deny the tension. It is clearly there and cut-able with a knife.

"Yes of course." He cheekily smiles. He knows he got you. He felt your discomfort. You feel that weird tension too. He knows for sure now.

You start to apply the foundation on his face while focusing on his features.

You almost have the right colour but it is still a bit too dark.

You move up from your seat to find a lighter shade.

"Did you find the right shade?" Lucas asks you.

"No, you need a lighter one." You reply, busy with looking for the lighter shade.

"Is a darker skin tone not seen as pretty in the US?" He asks.

"That depends on what people like, some like that better and others don't. It is really ugly to apply foundation in a wrong colour though. It makes you look orange." You chuckle an answer.

"Do you like fair skin tones?" He asks, curiously.

"Yes." You answer without thinking.

"Do you think I have a pretty skin tone?" He now teasingly ask.

You quickly rise to your feet and look at him with a face as red as a strawberry.

"No no, that is not what I meant." You mumble while trying to hide your face with your long wavy hair.

"Oh." He sounds disappointed.

"No, I mean I do like your skin colour!" You quickly correct your mistake. "I just didn't want to look like I'm flirting with you or something like that." You explain.