Special chapter

{A/N: Hello lovelies! I hope you guys are doing alright. This is a special chapter which has nothing to contribute to the main plot of the story. You can assume it's a little gift from me to welcome holiday season!}

Taehyung was walking home from the playground with his little red bag tightly clutched on his shoulder. He had been to the park where he met his primary school friends and they had spent their time playing some childish yet funny games. It was cold but the fun and enjoyment had made up for it. He was lucky enough his parents had allowed him to go for the playground wasn't that far from his house.

When he reached the porch, the little boy struggled to open the heavy door and let out a loud pant when he managed to complete the task. He hummed a Christmas tune as he galloped to the front door which he opened without much difficulty this time.

He was welcomed by the warmth of his home with beautiful Christmas decorations adorning the staircase and the walls in general. He loved this time of the year!

He wondered whether he was home alone but upon glancing in direction of the living room, he noticed a familiar brown mop of hair seen from above the couch.
"Taesung?" He called out as he removed his scarf.
"No, it's a kidnapper..." His brother teased.

Taehyung rolled his eyes before walking to the sofa where his teenager of a brother was watching some boring formula 1 race. The latter appeared to be sulking, eyes sad and pout prominent. The younger climbed next to the other and glanced at him curiously.
"What?" The elder asked as he ripped his eyes from the screen to look as his younger brother.

"Why do you look melancholic?" The small boy asked. The choice of word had his sibling chuckling.
"You're 10 and you're already talking like an adult! I swear Taehyung, you're adopted!"
"Mom's a teacher and dad manages agricultural sales at the factory, aren't you the one adopted Taesung?" The other chap responded cockily.
"Are you saying I'm an idiot?" The elder growled before attacking his brother with tickles.

The aforementioned fellow laughed loudly and tried to get away but Taesung's strong grip wasn't allowing him to. Ever since his brother had started going to the gym to impress that girl, he had become scarily strong.

Eventually, Taehyung's wails and pleadings were taken in consideration as the elder pulled away. The show playing on their small t.v. was long forgotten.
"Actually... Yeona broke up with me..." The elder Kim brother confessed sadly. Yeona was his girlfriend and the reason as to why he started working out at the age of 15. She actually was his first love.
"Hyung... I am sorry about that..."

The male being spoken to, merely shrugged as he put on the unfazed mask. But his sibling knew better. Taehyung knew how much he loved this girl; basically chanting her name all day long and to be honest, his small immature brain failed to comprehend how one could love a person who wasn't even a family member so much.

"How come you loved her so much? She isn't even a member of our family." His curious mind caused him to question.
Again, his brother chuckled at his sentence.
"Do you think mom and dad were family members when they fell in love? You silly! You can't fall in love with your family members, I mean, you can but it's not... Oh nevermind!" The older boy explained.
"So you're telling me, one day, I will meet a girl who isn't from our family and love her?" The smaller queried further. Taesung could not stop laughing. His little baby was way too adorable.

"First of all, this person doesn't necessarily have to be a girl. You can fall for a guy too. There's nothing wrong about this."

Taehyung couldn't have been more perplexed. His mind was fuzzing in all sort of directions. At this point, he was inquisitive.
"I get along with guys more easily. I like guys." He blurted out without much reflection. He pictured himself kissing one of his male friends and the sheer thought had him giggling.

The elder switched off the television to avoid any wastage of electricity before turning to his sibling.
"Guys can break your heart more terribly than girls though Tae. Don't assume it's easier with boys." He stated severely.

"Okay. Now tell me, why did Yeona break up with you?" Taehyung asked. He was basically a little curious ball of energy.
"Ah... You know... Sometimes, two people don't really find common grounds and so, everything gets messed up." His brother illustrated patiently. Taesung was aware that his brother would be going to high school soon and unlike himself, Taehyung was most likely to get a place at a famous institution in a big city far from home. He had to teach him the basics of whatever he was to encounter later in life.

"So, you mean that if I find someone who isn't like me, I should not date this person?" This was the younger's little idiosyncracy; asking questions about everything.

"I never said this. Every couple doesn't agree with everything. Look at mom and dad for instance, they have their own beliefs and they fight concerning a lot of aspects of life. Still, they love each other more than anything else. You and your future partner may not agree on everything but if you two manage to sort out every issues, then maybe this person is the right one for you. He or she may have small mannerisms which you don't like or some weird habits but if you love them, all these will never be matters of concern to you."

The little boy reflected deeply on what he had just been told.
"Weird habits? Like drinking banana milk?"
At this point, Taesung was wheezing. His brother truly was a peculiar one but he wouldn't trade him for anything else.
"Yeah... If you consider this as being queer, then sure kiddo!"

They laughed and talked for a few more hours; little Taehyung pestering his brother about the thematic of love while the latter tried his level best deviating from questions like 'Aside kissing, is there something else which lovers do to show their love?' At the end, the Kim brothers ended up drinking warm chocolate with marshmallows in their kitchen.

As Taehyung grew up, this whole conversation was actually forgotten and he was far from knowing that one day, he would actually meet his banana milk lover.