Chapter 3

Taehyung absolutely loved school unlike most people of his age. He may hate the dormitories with all his soul but the school establishment was a different story. The building looked like it came straight out of a movie and it was actually really pleasant to be in such environment. His high school was one of the few places which he held close to his heart and he knew it would be difficult to let go next year and move forward into tertiary education but he had to.

He valued his education a lot. He knew that was the only thing which could help him out of his current shitty situation. He had to depend on people who did not even like him. He missed his parents a lot.

He knew he had to work hard; get a good paying job and become independent. He eventually wanted to settle down with someone, have pretty little kids and shape the happy ideal family he used to have in the past. He planned for a beautiful future, knowing he would manage just fine if he focused on his studies hard enough. That was his driving force - the only thing that kept him going, else, he would surely have given up long ago.

Taehyung was currently at the cafeteria, paying for his fruit salad when he felt strong arms wrap around his shoulders. By solely glancing at the fingers, he knew who it was - Jimin.

"Buy me one!" The latter exclaimed, not actually meaning it.

The elder was not that surprised when his younger best friend asked the serving lady to give him another bowl of salad.

"No no! I was kidding Tae!"

It was however too late, Taehyung was already paying for the second salad before dragging both of them to their usual table.

"You should eat more fruits and veggies Chim! All the junk you force down your throat ain't gonna do good to you stupid!" The younger reprimanded as he laid his food down on the table.

"Look who is talking!" The chubby guy teased; knowing well about his friend's sugar addiction.

They took a seat next to each other, joining their friends who were already lashing onto their food like cavemen. Chaeyoung was in a deplorable state - dark circles under her eyes and overall, a highly neglected appearance.

"Sup Chaebie?" Jimin asked teasingly.

The girl looked up from her plate of pasta; left eyebrow cocked in perplexity. Of all the nicknames she had inherited from the guys, 'Chaebie' was never one of them.

"Where the fuck does this Chaebie come from?" She questioned, not furnishing a single effort to censor her vulgar language. That was always the way Chaeyoung used to talk - crude and distasteful. Her stare was so intense that it could even pierce through souls and her words were always sharp. She had a lot of tact unlike the boys she befriended.

"Did you look at yourself in the mirror this morning? You look like a freaking zombie! Chaeyoung plus zombie gives Chaebie!" Jimin explained further in a triumphant tone as if he had thrown the best pun ever.

It was no surprise when Jin bursted into an uncontrollable laughter; giving to the whole canteen a first class seat to the sound of his windshield laugh. Only he could guffaw at such stupidity. The two others simply rolled their eyes; exchanging a sweet smile when they realised their similar reaction.

"Nice one!" The eldest exclaimed as he held his tummy.

"At least I'm tall!" The female retorted while smirking at the concerned individual.

What had started off as an innocent fight, soon became a violent bickering session. In the midst of his friend's nonsensical arguments and insults, Taehyung caught sight of a certain person, black jacket thrown over his uniform while he walked accompanied by two orange-haired guys, another dull looking silver-haired one and at least five girls. Something caught his attention; something he did not particularly like. Right on Jungkook's milky white neck, was a huge purple hickey which he was sure did not come from him. Their heated interrupted session of the previous afternoon had been too brief to allow those things to occur.