Chapter 22

The strong smell of glucose dragged the youngster out of his slumber. The heaviness of his limbs indicated that he needed more sleep. Nevertheless, he stirred and blinked repetitively until he was fully awake. At a distance, he distinguished the familiar scent of pastry being cooked. His first instinct was to grab his phone on the nightstand in order to look at the time. It was nearly noon.

An interesting notification caught his attention. Apparently, some kid whose username was j_jk had sent him a follow request on Instagram. Taehyung opened the said app to accept the request before sending one of his own. He barely had 380 followers while the other male went beyond the 2000 line.

"Good morning!" A masculine voice yelled from the kitchenette.
The blond rubbed his tired eyes before reluctantly getting out of bed and walking in direction of the speaker. He found Namjoon among a delicious mess.

"Good morning Hyung..."

The elder was surrounded by all sorts of cooking apparatus coupled with egg yolk, flour and fruits scattered everywhere imaginable. Above all, a huge white plate laid in between all the mess with all sorts of pancakes in it. Some were asymmetrical, others were burnt while yet a few were perfectly golden and sizzling hot.

"You're making pancakes?" Taehyung queried sleepily.
"I'm trying." The redhead replied with equal laziness lacing his tone. He too had probably just woken up a while ago. The younger merely nodded before taking a seat and watching the other's funny attempt at cooking.

"Kim Taehyung, do you realise that you came back after me last night and just to let you know, I returned at midnight. Do not assume that because I was drunk and passed out on the couch, I did not hear you coming. I did!" Namjoon fake scolded. For sure, when he came back to an empty room, he had been slightly alarmed. His young roommate rarely stayed out until late in the night, specially if Park Jimin wasn't around. Nonetheless, he was too intoxicated to make a move and attempt to look for his friend. He had straightforwardly made his way to the couch.

"Yeah... I was out with a... Friend..." The blond confessed. It was the first time he was referring to Jungkook as his friend. It felt right to some extent but an aspect of it still appeared wrong.

"And who is that... Friend?" The elder queried further. He knew very well that Jimin was away and the only friend Taehyung had back was Yoongi.

The nerd blushed furiously on remembrance of the events of the previous night. After having made their friendship official, the two boys had stayed cuddled up against each other for the majority of dusk. At some point, Jungkook had started trembling since he was wearing a plain thin T-shirt and they had shifted position so that he became the little spoon. They hadn't talked much - they were simply focused on the affection they were giving and receiving; like how friends usually do of course. At a few time intervals, they had even taken a few goofy selfies.

After a while of star starring and timid conversations, they had been forced to get out of the area for the event was terminating. The fairground ended in a grand way - with fireworks and a form of mini show hosted by dancers, singers and gymnasts.

The new friends had then been to a restaurant provided that the elder of them had been apparently famished. The duo had ended up in a traditional Korean restaurant, eating their favourite kinds of food items. The rest of the night was spent relishing delicious food while talking about everything and nothing at the same time. They didn't go much in depth; rather focused on discovering the basics such as their favourite colours or subjects. Surprisingly, Jungkook had indeed seemed very interested in maths.

The time at which they returned to the dorm was unknown by both but one thing was sure, Namjoon was already on the couch when Taehyung had come back.