Chapter 14

{Warning: This chapter contains smut but I didn't judge it dirty or detailed enough to mark it with a purple heart.}

When Chaeyoung took in her friend's facial features, her own twisted into one of utmost worry. She was quick to let go of whatever thing she was holding before speed walking to Jimin and Taehyung who were approaching.

It went without saying that the nerd's face looked like someone had cudgelled him. Even though he wasn't crying anymore, his eyes were puffy and his overall appearance looked neglected. Anyone who knew him well would figure out that something was off.

"Taehyung? What happened?" The female asked, nonetheless looking at Jimin for she knew the younger would never tell her. The said guy was clearly uncomfortable and tried his level best to look for a decent excuse.

"Chae... Can we just go buy food and chill? I don't think Tae is in a mood to talk about whatever happened..." He excused. His argument was supported by a shy nod from the younger.

"Alright..." The girl murmured as she pulled the tallest one towards her. Protectively, she wrapped an arm around his shaking figure. He was now walking between Chaeyoung and Jimin until a queue of individuals waiting to buy donuts.

Taehyung noticed clearly the stares his two best friends were sharing behind his back. He, on the other hand, kept on glaring at the shorter fellow; silently begging him to remain quiet. And he did. He never disclosed anything to their other friend who was getting worried with each passing second that got them closer to ordering their food.

"I think I'll take a chocolate one. What about you Tae? I bet you'll like the caramel one!" The chubby boy tried enlightening the mood. He kept on fixing his buddy's glasses for his hands seemed to always want to touch the saddened boy in an attempt to comfort him. Nevertheless, he had accepted that there wasn't much he could do. Time was the only solution; for it was believed time healed.

Taehyung scrutinised impassively the surroundings. Students were dressed in a fancy way, some of them revealing too much skin but nobody seemed to be minding. Even teachers were present and it genuinely felt weird to have them walk around with airy dresses or polo shirts. Everyone around him looked happy and he felt like they were making a joke out of him for ruining his holidays on the very first day. 

He was pulled out of his depressive thoughts by a slight pull on his sleeve. He noticed that it was already their turn to order.

"Take whatever... I don't care..." The sad individual trailed. He really was in no mood to have a taste bud orgasm.

"Give us three caramel donuts and three cokes please." Chaeyoung ordered before paying the required amount.

The trio moved to the side once their order was registered while they waited for their food and drinks. An eerie silence reigned as none of them seemed to be finding the correct words to speak. Chaeyoung was the one to break the ice with something she thought would make the mood shift to a less depressing one but lucidly was wrong.

"Oh my gosh guys, Jungkookie is coming this way!" She squealed as she squeezed Taehyung's arm. She expected her friends to tease her but was hailed by alarmed stares.

"W-what?" She stuttered, not quite comprehending such a reaction.

No other word was able to introduce itself in the air-sucking conversation; Taehyung found himself vigorously pulled backwards by none other than Jeon Jungkook. Shocked was a weak term to define Chaeyoung's state of mind. 

Jimin was quick to intervene.

"Yo! Where do you think you are taking him?" He growled.

Jungkook momentarily stopped dragging the nerd only to look at the male shouting at him. Everyone else was too busy in their own world to notice the unnecessary drama occurring.