Chapter 17

Jungkook didn't know what caused him to give in so easily to another one of his supposed best friend's shits. Yet, there he was, one leg against a wall and the tip of a cigarette secured between his lips.
"I still can't believe you banged that little mother fucking nerd..." Chan scoffed sarcastically. He himself exhaled a puff of smoke, seemingly amused by the way his younger friend had agreed to smoke with him after much pestering when he never did in the past. Being the shameless individuals they were, they were pressed against the school's wall, doing such things for the public eye to see.

"Can we not talk about this?" The younger asked. Clearly, he wasn't amused. He didn't seem like he wanted to smoke - but again, he didn't want to. Chanmin had somehow coerced him into doing it and being the gullible idiot he was, he gave in.

He had to get his mind off a lot of things and the act of smoking appeared to have been a plausible escapism route.

"Come on Jeon JK... Just tell me how he feels!"

The elder was being persistent; as always. He wouldn't drop the matter anytime soon.

"And how was it different than with girls? What did all the girls in this school lack that you had to go seek into that stuck up asshole? Does it feel that good? I think it's gross personally."

Maybe it was the tobacco stick or maybe it was the fact that he was extremely tired, but the truth ended up slipping past the brunette's lips.

"Taehyung was special."

To his relief, Chan paid no heed to him. He was rather focused on calling Taehyung all sort of mean names.

If his two other friends caught the slightest glimpse of what their youngest gang member was doing, he wouldn't be able to see daylight anytime soon. Already, they condemned what he had inflicted to the nerd, so this was highly against their principles. They didn't care about Chan's addiction for the latter was a desperate case and not exactly close to them. Jungkook however was another story.

Hoseok and Jungkook had been roommates during their first few years of scolarity. Namjoon was the guy whose dorm was next to theirs and that was precisely how their friendship blossomed. The eldest entered the group a little while later, in a totally unexpected way. The brunette was bunking a class for the first time of his life and Chan so happened to have been bunking too. Jungkook hadn't yet been the bad boy everyone knew; rather timid and reserved. He must have been 14 and the other was 16. Gradually, the two started hanging out more often until Chanmin became a permanent member of their squad even though the two redheads were against the idea of having such a person around their youngest best friend. Nevertheless, a sort of attachment still managed to develop. The eldest had his qualities hidden underneath sorrow and despair.

The silver-haired guy was one of the reasons why they had all grown distant and had changed. He hasn't had the best influence on Jungkook and the fact that the latter was letting himself get dragged to the negative side wasn't at all helping his case. Of course; puberty kicked in and girls (and boys) entered the frame, causing them to fall further apart. Namjoon was the only one who kept on reminding his juvenile friend that he allowed himself to get manipulated way too often.

Ironically, at the end of the day, it's all about manipulations and mind games. Chan did it to Jungkook and now the latter was doing something similar to Taehyung. A vicious cycle it seemed.

"I mean like... He's ugly Jeon. He wears glasses and disgusting baggy clothes."

The youngest didn't have any time to respond before another shit was coming out of the other's mouth.

"Oh my gosh, don't tell me you have a kink for banging ugly people! I mean, I know there's a category like that on porn websites but I never knew this was a real thing!"