Chapter 8

Taehyung was spared the pleasure of reprimanding his best friend for the latter was fully and casually dressed when he returned back from his quick shower. Jimin was radiating an effortless yet awesome aura which the younger knew he would never be able to carry. The lad was clad in navy blue denim jeans, a simple v-neck white T-shirt; the whole outfit touched up through the means of a black leather jacket. Taehyung wished he could pull that off.

"Stop checking me out, your eyes might fall off." The elder joked while he sprayed some perfume onto him and his best friend.

Taehyung rolled his eyes as he discarded his dirty uniform into his friend's laundry basket.

"You've got to wash my dirty clothes now. Payback for abusing my neck!"

It was Jimin's turn to roll his eyes.

"Come on TaeTae! I know you enjoyed it!"

They started sniping at each other, with every insult and sexual innuendos being purely harmless. They weren't best friends for nothing.

It was in a friendly atmosphere that they got out of the building. They had all the necessary resources to go grocery shopping. A dinner had been scheduled last minute by Jimin who begged Taehyung to pay him some good food.

The afternoon sun was still high enough in the sky to cause the suffocation of the two friends. After all, it was only 4:30 PM and summer was nearing quickly. The elder even had to remove his blazer due to the arid temperature.

They walked under the shade of the trees in the school yard, which provided a much needed cool atmosphere. If anyone was to scrutinise the younger, nobody would even suspect that he had been crying into the arms of a handsome boy - whom he happened to regularly sleep with - a while ago. It was one of the advantages of being constantly quiet.

They exited the premises, turning left in direction of a specific grocery store where a particular candy which Taehyung loved a lot, could be found. The taller chap paved the way since the other was clueless as to where the convenience store was found. What Taehyung did not expect was to find Jeon Jungkook, one leg pressed against the school wall, with a silver-haired male.

The smoke surrounding the pair was apparent and the dweeb had to look twice before realising that only one of them - whom thankfully was not Jungkook - was smoking. He wondered how exceptionally shameless the duo could be. They were right outside the school establishment, close to a door crossed by a multitude of students and teachers and those dorks were unabashedly brandishing cigarettes as if they were swords and enveloping themselves in unhealthy smoke.

He had spotted the silver-haired male with Jungkook at various instances. It felt like that guy was the Jimin to his Taehyung except he was nothing like Jimin. He appeared to be those unapproachable kind whom you'd better not mess with if you want to spend the rest of your school years nicely. He didn't know his name but he knew the guy was elder than the three of them combined.

With each step they took closer to Jungkook and his friend, Taehyung's legs lost some of their rapidity. He was with the brunette a while ago and things had gone completely astray. It hurt that he had to act as if nothing had happened - going to the point of ignoring the other in public. He wasn't sure a confrontation would do any good but it would be better than having to pretend that Jungkook didn't exist when all he wanted was answers.

"Look at these idiots! Smoking in the open air as if their fathers own the country." Jimin pointed out.

"Only one of them is smoking." The other lad corrected.

"Don't tell me you're finding excuses for Jeon asshole right there!" Jimin counter argued. He had to lower his tone drastically for they were now directly walking past the two.