Chapter 16

Rumours spread as fast as a fire ravaging a forest it seemed. Jungkook and Taehyung had become the subject of every conversation not only for students, but for professors too. Even if everyone was officially on holidays and the school's population was scattered around the country, Taekook was still the prominent talk on group chats or within families.

As expected, a rumour doesn't come alone. A few liars started saying that they had witnessed the two make out in school somewhere or worst, people were propounding that Taehyung not only slept with Jungkook, but with Jimin too. The latter's reputation of a flirt and his open pansexuality were not helping their case. The young nerd was getting his reputation tarnished.

After Jungkook had blurted out publicly the entire truth, he had been badly reprimanded by the rector. Apparently, his behaviour was inadmissible and his language was so vulgar that it had everyone's ears bleeding. The boy listened carefully to the lecture and threats which he knew would never materialise themselves. His dad financed most of the school's projects; hence the establishment had all to lose, not him. The taunts were nothing as compared to the satisfaction he felt upon seeing the dweeb's shocked expression when everyone figured out they had sex. He sure hadn't expected this one.

Jungkook's relationship with his friends however took a whole new turn during the past few days. It was no surprise when Namjoon and Hoseok condemned his disgusting behaviour and kept on taunting him about it. Sleeping around with people was a thing but ruining someone's life because of that was another. Chan on the other hand, was acting weird. At first, the said male wasn't believing Jungkook and his presumable bisexuality but eventually, he accepted the fact. Ever since, he has been distant and quite of a bitch; which he has always been to be honest.

On the other hand, Taehyung's life was akin hell, if not worst. He lived in constant fear of that very unholy video of him getting leaked coupled with the constant bullying and inappropriate sexual advances which students who had stayed on campus were making him. He felt disgusted for letting himself get used. He was even more mad, noticing that his feelings for Jungkook hadn't subsidised yet. By now, all he should have felt for the male was hatred. But a part of him refused to do that. Jungkook was too embedded within him. 

As of currently, the sweet heartbroken boy was caged between powerful arms as he tried to get away from the grip. He had been lying in bed with his best friend for the past hour, none of them talking. All they did was cuddle while getting lost in their thoughts. Following the unfavourable events that occurred, Jimin felt obliged to postpone his trip to Busan by a few weeks in order to stay with Taehyung during that difficult phase.  

At this point, Taehyung could be said to be basically living with his buddy. He rarely went to his room; every primordial object he had, had been shifted to Jimin's dorm - laptop, books, comics, phone, wallet, without forgetting the essential sugary items and a few clothes. The elder absolutely refused to let his friend stay alone, knowing well that he was the subject of much controversies all thanks to some player. 

Chaeyoung had been wanting to stay back in order to be there for Taehyung too but a part of her needed to sort a few things out. She had been in an equal state of shock when she learned that her best friend slept with a person whom she was crushing on for a great amount of months. Bearing this in mind, she ended up leaving to visit her parents for the summer. She didn't even bid farewell to the guys before going.

The female was not the only one to have erased herself temporarily from the nerd's life - Seokjin had done so too. After the fancy fair had ended, the male hadn't returned to the campus when he used to do so in the past years. The guys knew he was probably helping his parents out at their family restaurant and concluded they had to give him the space he required. Taehyung knew how much of a shock it must have been for Jin. He took care of the boy like his own child and tried his level best to shield him from the curses of society only to learn that he slept around with a person who wasn't even protected when they had sex. It felt like his education had gone down the drain. In attention, Taehyung knew he must have felt terribly hurt when he learned that the individual he considered as his baby sought comfort in unhealthy ways from someone else who clearly didn't deserve him.