Chapter 31 💜

Seated on his bed while crying his eyes out, Taehyung regretted atrociously his decision. It hadn't been so bad - the whole trip in itself - and 3 days had gone by in the blink of an eye. The boy had spent the majority of his days inside, reading a book, revising or reading his favourite comics. Once in a while, he would step out to take a few pictures of the breathtaking panorama and send it to his best friend. When he felt lonely, he usually called Jimin and the pair would talk for hours about everything and nothing at the same time.

The elder would be narrating a panoply of spicy stories concerning his current visit in Busan while Taehyung would spend the majority of his time describing the surroundings. He spent so much time with Jimin on the phone that he came to marginalise Jungkook's texts and calls. It was a bit done on purpose to be honest. The nerd was still pissed concerning the station incident and call him childish for it; but he was enjoying the silent treatment he was inflicting the other one. It was cute to see Jeon Jungkook basically begging for a vivid text or a little bit more enthusiasm coming from the younger's part.

As for his uncle and aunt, the two were weirdly letting him live his life as he pleased. At times, they treated him like a furniture in the house; that is, almost inexistent to them but the male wasn't complaining. This was better than being beaten black and blue. They fed him when they suddenly remembered him but Byeol was constantly there to sneak in delicious food for her Marguerite. In conclusion, Taehyung wasn't getting as mistreated as he had expected.

Everything had seemed to be going on just fine; that until his emotional self made a last minute irrational decision.

Earlier, he had told Byeol that he was heading to the library to grab a few books before going to buy a little something in town for Jungkook but it hadn't been the exact truth. He did head to the bookshop and he also did buy his favourite human being a thoughtful gift but that wasn't the only thing he had done. He had committed a grave mistake.

Seated in a bus which went in the opposite direction of his uncle's house, Taehyung had gone to pay a harmless visit to his ancient home. Of course, after the Kims' death, the house had been sold and the teenager learned it was inhabited by a middle-income family with two young sons. He couldn't resist and had to see for himself how the place turned out. Terrible blunder really.

Memories - beautiful as well as painful ones - were materialising themselves around him. He must have stayed in front of this house for so long; the edifice not changed at all; until he got a glimpse of the family who had bought the house. The two small sons were getting out dressed in matching outfits - blue stripes for one and yellow for the other - as they galloped in the garden to play with their bicycles. They were so cute and the blond had suddenly felt an urge to have pretty little children with Jungkook. He grew embarrassed at the thought and discarded it as quickly as it had been manufactured by his brain. He was too young to even be thinking about such things.

One of the two boys; probably the eldest one; must have noticed Taehyung staring for longer than intended. He ran inside and seconds later, the mother was walking out with her baby. She wore a loose pale blue dress underneath a white apron. Her hair was held above her head in a bun which threatened to let loose anytime.

She glared at the teenager before bending down to speak to her child softly. The young boy nodded enthusiastically before he was off to play with his brother. The woman had gotten up right after and started walking in direction of the intellectual; the latter immediately panicking as he saw her approaching. He was about to run away when she called for him.

"Excuse me? Can I help you young chap? Are you lost?"

Taehyung had gulped loudly before shaking his head like a lost puppy.
"N-no... I apologise..." He started as he bowed respectfully, "I didn't mean to look like a creep. Actually, I lived here before you."