Chapter 7

His ears were ringing while his heart threatened to escape his ribcage as he walked down the passageways. He was shaking and on the verge of passing out. His feelings were all messed up and over the place. What had he done? He had attempted to kiss Jungkook - someone who was supposed to mean nothing to him.

He wasn't sure anymore. Jungkook couldn't still be in the unimportant zone if Taehyung felt a sort of attraction towards him. An attraction which should never have blossomed in the first place. They had been sleeping with each other for a little bit more than four months and that was all it took the younger to catch feelings.

As much as it hurt, he was starting to realise and acknowledge the above statement.

Taehyung had fallen for Jungkook - badly. How could he not? Their regular intercourses had contributed a lot into bringing them closer in one way or another. Physical attraction played a primordial role but somewhere along the lines; it had gone deeper. They were past the physique and more about an emotional connection.

Taehyung wasn't an idiot - he knew that the way the elder treated him in bed went beyond the whole concept surrounding 'friends with benefits'. The dominant guy was always passionate and intense in all his endeavours when they had sex and the younger had enough knowledge to figure out by himself that fuck buddies did not act this way with each other.

Deep inside, he knew that those gestures probably meant nothing to Jungkook. He was a strong person with a heart as hard as a rock and a very long sexual activities history. Taehyung on the other hand had a weak heart and a very short list of person with whom he slept. It couldn't even be interpreted as a list for it had only one name written on it. It wasn't unknown that the submissive fellow was easily manipulated and allowed his heart to have the upper hand during a myriad of situations. Bearing this in mind, the logic wanted him to fall for Jungkook; something which he did. It was humanly impossible for a person like him not to catch feelings.

Now, he had to deal with it anyhow. He knew Jungkook would never reciprocate the emotions he experienced - he had proven it by moving away when Taehyung attempted to kiss him. The younger was hurt by the gesture but knew deep inside that he had no right to feel this way. It was complete stupidity from his part.

He was supposed to be smart; yet, he had proven that he could be an idiot like anybody else. Nobody falls for fuckboys. Those guys are heart breakers. He knew that he had zero chances with the elder and it hurt more, knowing that he had probably ruined the minimal physical intimacy which they shared. He wouldn't be surprised if Jungkook told him they were stopping the fucking in the few days to come.

He had gone to see the male with the hope of getting comforted but had ended up even more confused and pained than he initially had been.

He was quick to make it to his room, carefully closing his door and plopping down onto his squishy bed. He let his bag slide down as he hugged a pillow tightly. He had a lot of things to sort out in his life and Jungkook wasn't supposed to be part of the problem. He hated it - hated not having the solutions required no matter how hard he strived. Things were going beyond his control and he loathed it.

Sadly, Taehyung reached under his bed to only discover that there was one last miserable chocolate bar remaining. Perfect; the day was absolutely perfect. That was the highlight of the show - he had officially run out of sugar.

He had to reluctantly get up, thinking that a little escapade with Jimin with the sole purpose of grocery shopping wouldn't hurt. Anything was better than staying enclosed in a building which he hated with all his soul.

In addition, he needed to talk to someone and his chubby best friend was the ideal candidate. Jimin and Taehyung had been best friends for the longest time as compared to the rest of the group - being roommates when they first got enrolled when they were still 12 year olds, their friendship turned into the strongest one ever. They knew each other's deepest and dumbest secrets, having all the necessary material for the perfect blackmail but both of them knew this was out of question.