Chapter 9

"Ya Jeon! You got a lighter? I'm way too lazy to look for mine in my backpack." Chan asked as they walked down the busy school corridors.

"Do I look like I carry lighters around?"

To that, the elder chuckled.

"Honestly, yes. You look like the type to carry fire around."

"My bad! I don't!" Jungkook retorted as he rolled his eyes theatrically.

He wasn't in the mood for Chanmin's shits. He hadn't really been in the mood for anything since the past week. Ever since nerdy had tried kissing him; it all took a weird turn. He didn't know exactly why but ever since, he had been avoiding Taehyung as much as he could - going as far as bunking calculus a few times with the sole purpose of not making the faintest eye contact. It became hard to breathe the same air as the younger fellow.

He didn't know why Taehyung had initiated such an intimate contact when they weren't screwing. He tried not to think of it too hard but his mind almost always seemed to be drifting back to that afternoon. He had witnessed a side of the nerd which he had never seen before and his heart had shattered into pieces. Taehyung's crying face was a terrible heart breaking sight.

So much had happened. The cute little nerd messily crying. Their almost kiss. Things seemed messed up.

Jungkook had tried appeasing his sexual desires by smashing a few girls but there was always something missing. What? He couldn't exactly tell. It just felt different than with Taehyung.

The brunette wasn't blind at all though. Sneakily, he would watch the nerd intensely while the latter would be looking away or would be busy talking with his friends. His firm ass, moulded perfectly into his pants; the way his hair rose and fell each time he would burst into an uncontrollable laughter - Jungkook saw it all. It would be lying saying that the younger's body wasn't having an impact on his sanity. Taehyung was hot and he was incredible in bed. There was no way Jungkook could get rid of the physical attraction he had in regards of the other.

Still, Taehyung had tried to kiss him. His mind had manufactured a lot of logical explanations to excuse the younger's action but there was one recurrent thought. Jungkook deeply hoped it wasn't what he thought it was. He hoped nerdy hadn't fucked it up. He had no right to mess up what they shared; he wasn't entitled to fuck them up.

Wasn't it enough what they shared? They had sex - a lot - and satisfied a fire withing them. Did Taehyung want more? Jungkook hoped not because he wasn't capable of providing anything further and he had made it clear since the first few times when they had slept together.

He brushed the tiring and complex thoughts aside; instead telling himself that the nerd was smart enough to not fall for someone as fucked up and broken as him. He wasn't capable of providing affection and he knew that as a matter of facts. He didn't want Taehyung to end up getting hurt; that was the least of his wishes. Bearing this in mind, he was purposely distancing himself in case his doubts came to be true - which he didn't hope.

He couldn't help but think maybe to some extent, it was his fault. He had acted all sweet with Taehyung and that may have been why the male wanted to kiss him. What else could he have done? Taehyung was basically crying in front of him. 

Currently, the two friends were going out. School had just ended. It was soon going to be the weekend and next week was their last semester week before the grand summer holidays. Jungkook was excited. He was staying on the campus, alongside his other friends and their plans could be resumed in two words - unhealthy fun. They had planned a few trips, with regular parties and loads of entertainment waiting for them.