Chapter 32

For some unknown and rather bizarre reasons, the weather felt cold - so cold that Jungkook was shaking as he remained seated on a bench at the railway station. It was almost as if the season had changed in the lapse of one day. What was more weird was the fact that the area was empty when usually, there would be people speed-walking in all directions. He had woken up early and had worn his favourite clothes just to welcome Taehyung back. He even had a pretty bouquet of red roses in hand. For sure, he had faintly overdone it but Kim Taehyung was worth more than this. He deserved the stars, the galaxies, the whole fucking universe.

Trains went and came, nobody quite getting out; seemingly just stopping over and with each passing second, the younger was still not there. The brunette was losing his patience, provided that the nerd wasn't even replying to his texts or calls.

There was a man at a ticket counter - the only human being present aside the youngster - and he appeared to be napping. Jungkook couldn't care less about disturbing him as he approached and cleared his throat loudly. The geezer vaguely opened his eyes and immediately portrayed a pissed facial expression.
"What can I do for you?" He asked sarcastically, as if taking care of the public's enquiries wasn't exactly what he got paid for doing. Typical worker.

"I'm waiting for a special someone right now. He's on the train coming from Daegu. Can you please tell me in how much time it'll reach? As per my knowledge, he should have already been here."

The man exhaled through his nostrils but nonetheless typed something away on the computer screen in front of him.
"The 13:00 train from Daegu?" He asked as soon as he found the page he was looking for. Jungkook nodded enthusiastically and waited to receive the next piece of information. Little did he know that this would be the biggest shock of his life.

"As per what's written on my screen young chap, the transportation coming from Daegu, carrying 348 passengers, has met with an accident 45 minutes ago with a lot of injuries and deaths." The older individual informed.

There was a prevalent silence all around. Words were being processed and ears buzzed.

The brunette felt like he had been tied to a pole, stabbed in the stomach and deprived of the ability to cry for help. His throat tightened and an ugly feeling took possession of his whole body. He failed to formulate a grammatically correct sentence.
"W-what? N-no no no. This, no. T-this can't be. You... You have the wr-wrong information okay? P-please again, check!"

As if the emptiness of the surroundings projected his emotions, his knees gave up on him as he fell on the floor. Taehyung's train had met with an accident? He refused to believe this. They were supposed to be together today; together forever and Jungkook was going to ask him to become his boyfriend. Why was all this happening? Were they not destined to be?

His assortment of freshly picked roses crashed on the floor and the pain in his trachea caused him to gasp for air. His vision became blurry as the first tear fell out. Soon enough, more were following and his face became a sad mess. He wanted to shout or run; or simply do something but he was immobilised. His joints refused to move and soon enough, his entire body fell flat on the ground.

The pain in his heart was atrocious and he hoped nobody on earth ever experienced such horrendous feeling. He was being ripped apart and darkness seemed to be engulfing him. He was floating like a soul above a dead body. He was the dead body.

At last, the pain came out in the form of a loud deafening shriek.
"Taehyung!" He yelled with all his might, with all his soul and with all his energy.