Chapter 33

{A/N: Before getting started, I have to thank you all for 1k votes. It means the world to me knowing that some people out there read my book. This chapter is a little 1k special with loads of fluff! Enjoy!}

Kim Taehyung, will you date me?

A melody. Those words sounded like music to Taehyung's ears. He watched the man who had spoken them with an outburst of affection in his eyes. His heart did multiple flips and the butterflies? They were going crazy.

This was what he had always wanted to hear. He had always known this was what his heart desired; ever since the very first days when they were simply fuck buddies. Jungkook was different from all the others. He detached out of everyone else for he was able to see beyond the soul of the blond. He understood him like nobody had ever in the past and managed to fill a void in his heart; a void which he had been nurturing for a little more than 3 years. Jungkook was perfect.

Speaking of whom, the latter stood in front of the other after having asked his question; eyes expectant and fingers fiddling with everything he could touch. He was past nervousness; he was literally about to faint. Taehyung's silence wasn't helping at all.

The latter cleared his throat at last before taking a step closer. His heart screamed for him to say yes but his brain was deciding otherwise. He ended up listening to his brain.

"Jungkook..." He started with a tone so low that it was almost inaudible. His soft hand went flying up to caress the said boy's cheeks tenderly to prepare him for whatever he was about to say. It wasn't going to be that bad but he knew the fuckboy could interpret his answer the wrong way. He had to minimise the damages as far as possible.

"Baby..." The elder voiced back as he pressed the palm of his hand on the other's bigger one.
He was so freaking scared; terrified of the way he didn't find what he was looking for in Taehyung's eyes. He was scared of the tone used and it mortified him thinking that the younger didn't want him the exact same way he did. He didn't want to be rejected, his heart wouldn't be able to cope with this. He absolutely refused to lose his nerdy.

"You have no idea how much I want to reply to you right now, at this precise instance." The younger started, just above a whisper, " I've been wanting to hear those words for a very long time now but I can't accept nor refuse straight away Kook. We skipped a few steps while building this relationship of ours and I think it's high time we talk about the past, the present and the future."

Jungkook nodded dumbly without having registered everything. He was ready to do anything just to please the blond.
"I'll do anything Taehyung. We can even have the discussion you're talking about right now."

The younger chuckled but his heart did skip a beat after witnessing such an adorable side of his friend.
"You're so eager yeah? Let's talk once we get back to the dorms okay?" He added. All the while, their hands stayed connected on the elder's cheek.

"Okay. Yeah. Okay. Sure. Whatever you want. I'm down." The brunette mumbled rapidly. He was freaking out and terribly overthinking. He didn't want to talk about the past for he knew the amount of mistakes he had committed back then. He would lose Taehyung if they had to take a trip down memory lane. This didn't smell good at all.

The aforementioned chap noticed lucidly the state his friend was in and he felt bad for being the cause of it. He had to do something about it.
"You didn't kiss me yet Hyung." He blurted out absentmindedly.

There it was, the naughtiness in Jungkook's eyes!
"Hyung?" He teased as a smirk made its appearance on his lips.

"Shut up and kiss me."

The mischief grew darker and a hand was making it's way around Taehyung's waist to pull him to the side and simultaneously closer.
"What do you mean I haven't kissed you yet? I kissed your hand, your temple! You ungrateful brat!"
Jungkook of course didn't mean the last three words.