Chapter 21

One week: 7 days. It was the 5th day aka Friday and Kim Taehyung received the same text everyday at around the same hour.

Can I take you out today?

Occasionally, there would be a slight variance but the overall idea was the same.

Are you free this evening?

At first, the younger kept on finding excuses. For sure, he failed to comprehend why Jungkook wanted to take him out, of all people. He tried understanding how it was so easy for the elder to act as if nothing had ever happened between them. Later on, his responses became more clearcut. He would type a 'no' and that was it. Weirdly, the brunette never tried persuading him whatsoever. It was almost as if he respected the other's decision but they all knew this was quite impossible. Nevertheless, Jungkook's determination was impressive.

Currently, Taehyung was seated at the working table, alone in his shared room. Since the past two days, he felt like something was missing from his life. Indubitably, it was Jimin's presence; the latter having gone back to Busan to visit his family for the rest of the summer. Namjoon had left earlier for the library and a quick text from the aforementioned informed the younger that he would not be back until late in the night. Even if he hadn't said so, Taehyung just knew he was attending a party.

The nerd had a good dozens of books opened on his table and what usually would make perfect sense to him, wasn't anymore. His attention was somewhere else - focused on his phone which was right next to his pencil case. It definitely wasn't like he was waiting for a specific someone's text though. Definitely.

The minutes elapsed and he lost hope. Jungkook wasn't going to message him. The young boy resolved to attempting a few identities proving coupled with a few parametric problems. As bizarre as it appeared, working out mathematical equations helped in relieving his stress or anxiety.

A loud blazing knock on the door lulled him back to real life. He jumped slightly on his chair before rubbing his abused and strained eyes. A quick glance at the clock informed him that it was 4:37P.M. Who on earth banged on your door on a Friday afternoon? It was surprising indeed, for this side of the building was usually deadly calm and hence, a perfect revising environment.

Bashfully, the one studying got up and walked in direction of the incessant noise. That person was knocking as if his life depended on it.
"Yeah yeah! I'm opening hold up." As soon as the sentence was spoken, the petite lad managed to open the door. Shocked was a weak term to define what he felt upon seeing who was on the other side. Fear was rapid to take the upper hand.

"N-namjoon H-hyung's not here..." He stuttered distressingly.
"Yeah, but I'm here to see you." The other male replied.

"M-me?"

"Yes you. Are you free right now to go out?"

Wow. Jungkook had definitely evolved. He went from text messages to asking in person. He knew the impact it would have. Taehyung was less prone to decline in person than through the intermediary of a stupid emotionless device. It was simple psychology; a mind trick.

Even if the elder appeared to be confident in his endeavours, he was internally shaking. His sweaty palms and throbbing heart bore proof of it. He had been wanting to do something special for the nerd in order to apologise properly. Despite the younger constantly refusing his proposal, he knew better than to stop trying. Jeon Jungkook never gave up no matter what. He made sure to always reach his ends; no matter the cost.

"Why? Why me?" Was what Taehyung managed to spit out. His tummy got filled of those butterflies yet a part of him shivered in apprehension. He was alone; alone with the fuckboy. If anything happened, he would have no one to help him out.
"Because I have certain things to tell you..." The other confessed as he vigorously rubbed the back of his neck.