Chapter 37 💜

{A/N: Before getting started, I want to apologise for my lame writing in the previous chapter. I was actually rereading chapter 36 to check if there was any grammatical errors and I was surprised concerning the amount of wrongly structured sentences I have written. I deeply apologise for this and hope I can make it up to you in this chapter!}

Jungkook wanted to quit the football team for one obvious reason - he was getting mistreated by the coach a bit too much. The man would take up a lot of his time and make him work out more than the others. He would force him to stay extra hours, causing the boy to always return to his room later than planned and having to excuse himself everytime to his boyfriend. These extra practices had caused him to cancel a few outings with his friends or dates with Taehyung when he really wanted to go. Jungkook knew he could get the coach to stop such behaviour in his regards by the means of a single phone call to his father but he had no intentions of calling the elder Jeon to complain. He wanted to stay as far as possible from toxicity.

As if sport wasn't already getting to his nerves, he found himself convened to the principal's office after one of his late evening football games. He had to take a quick shower because of this and kept on rambling concerning how bad he still smelled on his way to the office. When he pushed open the door, he was far from expecting Namjoon, Seokjin and Taehyung all there.

At first, Jungkook envisaged the worst; thinking that his boyfriend and him would be getting in trouble since they shared a room without being offical roommates. However, the smiles on their lips caused him to conclude otherwise. He was starting to get creeped out.

"Jeon Jungkook. Please take a seat. I usually see you here under different circumstances so I bet it will be a surprise for you; if your friends haven't already told you about it of course." The rector spoke.

The brunette turned to his lover who was looking at him with heart-shaped eyes. Jungkook was however in no mood to romance. He was rather pissed by everything which happened to him during the day and the suspense wasn't helping. Bearing all this in mind, he kept a poker face which for sure surprised the blond. It had been a while since he last saw that facial expression. It curled his blood to be honest.

Just when the youngest was about to speak to the one next to him, the older man in the chamber caught their attention.
"Like how I was telling the Kims a while before your arrival, Seokjin and Namjoon are graduating next week and school is getting resumed a while after. Bearing this in mind, we need new students council leaders and this is where the good news comes."

The brunette noticed how his two elder friends were excitedly fidgetting around. He, on the other side, was starting to lose his patience.
"Can we get straight to the point Sir? I've got no time to lose." He spat out coldly, which did not fail to surprise his friends.
"Hum... Excuse him... He-He's back from practice so he's pretty tired..." Jin chuntered - all the while shooting a death glare to Jungkook and wanting nothing but to wipe away his stupid annoying smirk.

"Alright then. You will be the new students council's vice president while mister Kim Taehyung to your left will be the president. Namjoon and Jin suggested you two to take up their positions and I trust their choices." The headmaster elaborated. "I almost gave you the president's role Jeon but seeing as your arrogant attitude has not changed, I think a background role will be more appropriate to you. Of course, this can be changed if your dad gives me a call..." The man added in a very subjective voice. Little did he know how much of a mistake he had made by mentioning the lad's father.

Jungkook stood up violently and his mates were quick to copy him, all of them wondering where the sudden impolite behaviour was coming from.
"No Sir. Mr. Jeon won't call you for something as futile as that. I am elated that my two friends trust me enough for this role and I don't see why my parents need to interfere. Now if you'll excuse me, as Hyung said, I am pretty worn-out." He growled before walking hurriedly towards the door. The trio had no other option than to follow him.