Max Verstappen | 9

"You're not the person I fell in love with anymore"

It was the first weekend of the 2021 F1 calendar and you accompanied your boyfriend Max Verstappen to the race as he was a driver at Red Bull Racing. Both of you loved motorsport and fast cars, not that usual for a girl but you grew up with cars and started karting very early. At your 10th birthday your father gave you a kart and you spent almost every minute possible at the karting track a few minutes away from your house. That was the time you met Max. At first you didn't like him because he acted really childish, arrogant and had the best material possible. But with the time you got to know the real person behind that racing driver mask. A kind person with a big heart and a lovely family. Soon he told you that he had feelings for you and you started dating until you got a couple (finally) a half year later. Now you both sat in the F1 paddock and spent the less time you had together with each other. But for some weeks now, you felt like something in your relationship has changed. Your conversations were not as easy and deep as some months ago and he only focussed at his racing. It was a bad feeling and you decided to talk with him about it.

"Max can we talk?" you said as he finally looked up from his laptop full of racing data. "Yeah sure" he answered, "whats up?". You took a deep breath and talked about your sorrows. "Max I don't feel like you really love me anymore. You are away the whole time and if we have some time together, you just look at your phone and don't talk with me." He looked you at you and said "I know but racing is very important to me. I want to be a world champion and have to work for it. You know that (Y/N)." You rolled your eyes. "Sure Max but is your racing more important than me?" You were really afraid of his answer because you thought you would already knew the answer. "Oh.. I mean.. No... But... Sorry..." said Max and know you saw your relationship coming to an end. "Max tell me please. Is racing more important for you?" Your heart was beating faster and faster "I'm sorry (Y/N), I should have told you that before but the honest answer is yes." He looked at the desk and it was silence between both of you. You've always been afraid that this day would come and he would say that racing plays a bigger role in his life than his girlfriend does."You're not the person I fell in love with anymore, Max". You had tears in your eyes and his were glassy, too. Both of you knew that you relationship would end now, on this day. He replied "(Y/N) I really loved you with my whole heart but you know... I can't give you what you deserve. You deserve a man who has time for you, who spends time with you, who accompanies you, who is always here when you need him. And not an arrogant idiot like me who is away three quarters of the year. I'm so sorry." Even though you were crying you smiled because you were touched by his kind words. "Thank you Max, I'm so sorry, too but I also think that there's no future with both of us." You and Max talked a long time and agreed that you would break up but not in a bad way with fighting. Both of you were really calm and you stayed in contact.

Requested by: bwoahicemankimi