Lando Norris | 6, 18, 39

"I'm an asshole"

"keep fighting"

"sorry"

Looking back to the time when Lando and you were young and still attending school, one moment came to your mind that might have changed your friendship forever. One day after school you asked Lando, your all time best buddy at school, if he would like to spend the afternoon together with you. You had a new swimming pool in the garden and you wanted to try it out. Since your birth, you spent a lot of time together and had no secrets the other one didn't know. 'Landoooo?' you asked him as you were walking home together. He was living in the same streets and the school was just a few minutes away. 'Yes, (Y/N)? What's up?' he answered. 'Would you like to visit me this afternoon after we have finished our homework? I got a new swimming pool and I'd love to try it out!' You were pretty sure he would agree and that's why his answer was a big surprise. 'Err... I would love to but I... I have to accompany my parents who are visiting my grandparents.' You knew that this wasn't the truth but you changed the topic pretty soon.

Later that day, you really sae Lando's parents driving away. But just a few minutes later, an unknown car stopped in front of their house and a young girl around your age stepped out of it. You could see Lando walking towards her and hugging her tightly, tighter then he ever did when he was hugging you. You were angry and sad at the same time. Why didn't he just tell you the truth? Why did he lie? Was that his girlfriend? It almost broke your heart, seeing them smiling and enjoying the moment. Tears ran down your cheeks, not because you were jealous, either you were really sad and disappointed.

The following days you didn't walk to school together. You didn't wait until he was ready, you were walking alone some minutes earlier. Of course your parents knew what was going on and after Lando was standing in front of the door, your father told Lando why you didn't talk to him anymore. 'Lando, I think (Y/N) is pretty disappointed because you didn't tell her the truth. She's crying almost every evening... I think you should know that.' You were upstairs, listening to your father's and Lando's talk. 'Mr., I'm so sorry... Ouh god, I'm an asshole... I just thought she would be angry with me if I told her I'm in love with a girl I got to know at a karting race...' He was almost crying, you knew his voices brakes in these moments. 'Lando... Hey, it's ok. I can understand it. But I have one advice for you. Keep fighting for your friendship with (Y/N)! It's worth it. But just give her a bit of time to get over it. Your a great young man.'

After some long talks between you and Lando, your friendship was fixed again. And now, ten years later, you still spent every minute together, as best friends for life.

Requested by: Bribri0314