Daniel Ricciardo | 11, 24

accident

"Shh, you're safe!"

Impatiently waiting for the Fp1 to start, you sat in front of the TV. Even though your boyfriend was one of the formula one drivers, you preferred not to be in the garage or on track. Almost noone outside the family knew that you and him were a couple because you worked at a school teacher and you didn't want the kids just to like you because of him. Another problem was the privacy. You were living in a small city near Bern, you had very curious kids in class, if they knew you were dating their hero, Daniel couldn't enjoy his free time like he used to between the races.

Of course it wasn't the solution to play hide and seek forever, Daniel sneeking in inkognito all the time he visited you, but at the moment you both really needed this feeling of not being recognized as the F1 driver and his girlfriend.

The F1 stream started and instantly you sat upright. The commentators started interviewing Andi Seidl, the head of the F1 Mc Laren team where Daniel was driving for. You saw the serious expression in his face and you knew something bad must have had happened.

"Just about 15 minutes ago, we got the latest news that one of your drivers was involved in a heavy accident while driving to the racetrack. Can you confirm this?"

"Yes, sadly. Daniel Ricciardo was involved in a pretty serious car accident while he was on the way to the racetrack. We don't know how his situation is at the moment, we hopr the best. He was brought to the hospital and is being checked on injuries right now. We'll give you an update as soon as we got any news."

Your heart stopped beating, tears streaming down your face. Daniel, your Daniel had a car crash! You grabbed your phone, calling him.

No answer. Stupid me, you thought. How should he anwer your call when he was being checked on injuries at the moment? You wrote him a short message asking if he was ok and decided to wait. Waiting was one of your worst abilities.

A few minutes later, you got a all from an unknown number. Usually you just ignored those calls, but in the current situation, you responded.

"(Y/L/N)" you said. "Hello, here is the Paris hospital, am I talking to (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N)?" Out of breath you just said yes. They told you that Daniel bad a broken shoulder but was fine. He still had a massive shock and that was the reason for the call. Daniel always seemingly always repeated your name on the way to the hospital, wanting to speak to you. You were told that they would hand him then phone over to give him the chance to talk to you.

"(Y/N)?!" Daniel almost screamed. You could hear the fear in his voice and the pain he was in.
"Daniel, yes, it's me!"
"I...I...sor...sorry...I" he was only stuttering.
"Daniel calm dow. Shh, you're safe. Everything's fine. You had a car accident. I will fly over to you as fast as possible ok?"
"(Y/N) you...no..you don't need. I come...to you. I don't need...a...surgery...they said. I...I'm so sorry...I scared you."
"Alright, but for sure you don't get on a plane in this condition you are in at the moment. Listen, yes you scared me. But don't blame yourself. I know you are a safe driver. I'm not angry ok? It's gonna be fine."
"I...I love you (Y/N)"
"And I love you Daniel!"
"I..I was so afraid to loose...you"
"You didn't and you won't. Now you need to stay calm ok? I will call you again after the medical check is over and then we will find a way you can come home if you don't need a surgery."

Requested by: angieloves80s