Daniel Ricciardo | 26

privacy

After Daniel's team change to McLaren he also changed his way of communicating with the media. Everyone knew him as the always happy, funny Australian man who was joking and laughing all the time. Of course his fans loved him because of that but there was also another side of Daniel. The private life. Since he had a child now he wanted to act more responsible and grown up now.

"(Y/N), can we talk for a minute?" You didn't know what was wrong because your boyfriend has his serious tone he didn't use often in his voice and that upset you a bit. "Sure...Is something wrong?" You sat down opposite to him, not knowing what would come next. "Yeah. Nothing wrong between us. Don't worry. But I need your advice." You took a deep breath of relief. "Sure what's on your mind?" You couldn't wait to hear what made him so thoughtful. "I don't know how to start. So... I'll be driving for McLaren next season, right? And I don't want the media to see me as their funny clown next to Lando, the comedian. I want to be seen as an experienced driver, not an funny man for entertainment. Now... I want to tell the fans that I don't want to plan that role anymore. I don't want to be that childish Australian sunny-boy anymore. I'm a father now. I want to be taken seriously...I'm not the young Redbull driver anymore, who used to drink and party all night." You had a big smile on your face, Dan never opened up so much towards you. "I really like that you're finally confessing your fears to me, too. But what are you really afraid of? I mean you could just tell them that you want to keep your privacy off the track and try to me more serious when racing. That doesn't mean that you can't be funny anymore and I'm sure that your fans will understand, too. Especially after our daughter was born. They will understand that Dan, I'm sure."

Later in the evening, Dan wrote a new post for his Instagram page, telling the fans that he wants to have more privacy and less party the following years as he had more responsibilities now as he was a father. The fans knew that he had a child now but Dan himself never commented on that. "My love, can I post that?"

"G'day you all. I'm making an announcement (or at least I'm trying to). As you all already know, (Y/N) and I have a wonderful daughter since last month. I want to have a more private life outside the race weekends and with a child I should be a role model now. I want to act more seriously and grown up, not behaving like a teen-aged man, partying all day. I really hope you can understand that I want to avoid that I'll be seen as the new somedy duo with Lando. I am a funny guy and I'll stay like that but I do not want to be the new clown or entertainer of F1. Love you all, Dan."

You were really surprised that he wanted to have your opinion, too. And you had to admit that this post was great, so he decided to post it of course. You saw how nervous he was because he still had the fear that his fans wouldn't support him anymore. But everything went well. The fans just showed positive reactions like "Great thing! Be a role model" or "We all understand that! We love you."

Requested by: evabsmn