Pierre Gasly | 10

"... and this is the first pole position for Red Bull driver Pierre Gasly!"

Pierre was so happy. He showed the whole world that he really had the potential to be the best driver on the grid. And in addition of that he got his first pole position in front of his home crowd at the France GP where his wife (Y/N) and his parents watched him. Only his 12 year old son (Y/S/N) stayed at home because they didn't want him to be the bullet eye for the media in such a young age. After some media duties Pierre runs towards his family.

You ran and hugged him "Pierre, I'm so proud of you!" He smiled, kissed you and thanked you "I have to thank you (Y/N) for always being on my side the last years even when I wasn't in a good mood." After some small conversations with his team and many congratulations his parents decided to drive home. You and Pierre went back to the driver's hotel and had a delicious meal."Do you think (Y/S/N) already knows that I'll be starting from pole tomorrow?" Your son admired his father a lot and always talked about his wish to be a Formula 1 driver, too. "Pierre, (Y/S/N) is your biggest fan on earth, of course! I'm sure he watched the whole qualifying and couldn't sit still."Both of you laughed and Pierre payed for the meal before you went back to the hotel room. Pierre decided to take a quick shower and you spent some time on social media checking the reactions of Pierre's first pole position. Suddenly you got a call from one of (Y/S/N) best friends, Toby.
"Is it you Toby?" you asked him as you accepted the call. "Yes, it's me. (Y/N) something really bad happened to (Y/S/N). We went biking and did a little race down a hill... And then there was a car... And the car didn't see us and drove out of the side street and (Y/S/N) couldn't brake and got hit by the car... And now he is being driven to the hospital... And I'm so sorry!"
You were breathless. Your son got hit by a car while riding his bike. Your hands were shaking and you started to cry when Pierre came out of the shower."Omg (Y/N) what happened?!" He hugged you and tried to comfort you but you couldn't stop crying."(Y/S/N) went biking... with Toby and... got hit by a car pretty bad... so he is... in the hospital now.'' Pierre looked at you, his face got white and you could see some tears in his eyes, too."Is he....you know... Is he dead?" You couldn't give him a answer but just shook your head. 'Thank God! But we have to drive to the hospital as fast as possible to be by his side!'' ''But Pierre, you'll be the first one in the starting grid tomorrow, you could win...'' ''I know (Y/N), and I also know that I might never be able to get another pole again but my parents always told me "Pierre, no matter how successful you are, always put family first". And that's what I will do now' You hugged him and he immediately called his team, explaining them what happened to your son. Of course they were not happy at all but they allowed him to cancel the race. Both of you sat in the taxi on the way to your son and hoped for the best. In the hospital you asked the doctor about yohr son's condition. He explained that he had a complicated dislocation of his shoulder, a broken arm and some broken ribs but was out of danger. You felt so relieved and couldn't hold back your tears. The doctor continued to tell you how lucky (Y/S/N) was and that he could have died without wearing a helmet. Both of you were allowed to visit your son who was sleeping beause of the pain-reducing medicaments they gave him. But you knew: Everything will be alright again.

Requested by: p123b456