George Russell | 25

new F1 team

A/N: Sorry for not writing any oneshots recently but I'm currently having my final exams of the German high school so I'm pretty busy atm.

The 2020 season had not been easy for Williams and George as their first driver. So everybody was hoping for a better one in 2021, including points for the team. And the car made improvements in comparison with the season before. George could get into Q2 several times and he could score points in two races. Everybody in the paddock was talking about him, driving brilliant with very less mistakes and after Bottas announced the end of his partnership with Mercedes it was almost clear that George would be his replacement.

Everybody was messaging you for the latest news and unknown details about the new big deal but you didn't reply. The media knew that you were George's girlfriend for several years already so they thought you would give them some information. "George, now I understand why you are trying to avoid the media. They annoy me so much... They dm me on Instagram just to get a little piece of information." You sat next to George while having breakfast. "Yeah media can help to get into the spotlight, but once you're in, they will follow you step by step if you don't draw borders. But in two days, it will be over again. I promise you. Because then Mercedes will officially announce me as their new driver." You two exchanged a quick glance at each other before you spoke up. "I know I tell you often but I'm so proud of you! You now have really achieved what you were aiming for the whole life. It probably won't be easy with Lewis, but I'm sure you'll be doing great!"

Two days later, you were counting the minutes until the Mercedes Team would announce theor new driver. They made a story in which they told the fans that at 7pm the new driver would be announced. Of course the F1 fanbase knew that there were very high chances that George would drive for the silver team and some fanpages were almost freaking out completely. Then the live steam was starting. At first, Toto was talking about Lewis and that he was really happy ro have him in the team. Then he was talkkng a bit about Valteri and the decision not to extend the contract with him. It was almost half past seven when Toto was finally announcing what George was their new driver. He seemed to be very very happy about that decision and George's fanpages were freaking out completely. At the end of the livestream, George was sitting next to Toto and both were answering the questions that came up.

Requested by: evabsmn