Mick Schumacher | 50, 62, 70

"We just hope and pray that one day he gets better."

quarantine

"Promise me not to tell anyone. It's a private matter."

* Like all of you I don't know how Michael's recovery process is going on. All the things I write in that story are just speculations that are adapted to my storyline and I will just mention his health on a superficial level. *

Mick and you had always been close to each other. Your friendship stared many years ago when you both attended kindergarten. And it never stopped. Three weeks ago, the two of you met and you had a phone call with his sister Gina. She said that you would be a perfect couple and that really made you think about it. To be honest, you had feelings for him for a long time but you were always afraid that this would change everything and destroy the friendship. Mick told you one evening what was on his mind and between the lines he tried to tell you he had feelings for you. You talked a lot afterwards. About your feelings, fears and problems and in the end you ended up with the first kiss. And you never felt this way before. It was just perfect.

Since last week, both of you had to stay inside the house because you currently were in quarantine. Your father had contact with a Covid-19 positive person at work and you two met with your father the day after. So you were trying to make the best out of the situation and quarantined yourself in Mick's appartment that was close to your parents' house. In the evening, Mick got a video call from his mum and his face went pale and he got nervous. But everything was alright. You saw that the tension in Mick's body reduced as his mum Corinna just wanted to ask if everything was alright. You knew her for a long time already because you often visited the Schumacher family when you were younger. Mick handed you his phone and you continued the conversation with his mum. She was absolutely happy about the relationship and told you that she always said to Michael and Gina that one day, Mick and you would be dating. You could see her big smile as she told you about it and you had to smile, too. Mick sat down next to you and you gave him his phone back. Mick told her that both of you were still healthy and asked how the current situation at home was like. Corinna told him that everything was alright, Gina and her boyfriend were planning their wedding and that his father would still continue fighting and would do a bit better every day.

After Mick ended the video call, you set the table while asking Mick why he was that tensioned as he got the call. He revealed his feelings not that often and that's why you were really surprised by his answer. "I'm always afraid when I get a call from home.. that it's bad news. You know... My dad is fighting every day. And we just hope and pray that one day he gets better. It's not like he wouldn't get better. But my biggest dream is that he will be able to accompany me again one day when I'm racing. Not in public or in the paddock, maybe just being in the hotel room, but you know... Just to know that he is here, with me, and not thousands of kilometers away when I'm racing. But...Promise me not to tell anyone. It's a private matter." You could see that he was fighting against the tears and you gave him a long and tight hug. "Mick, thank you for trusting me so much. Of course, I'd never tell anyone. You can trust me. And I'm sure that your father will do everything to get better and will fight every day. I'm sure he's proud of you!" Mick nodded telling you how happy he was to have you.

The two of you had a delicious dinner and enjoyed the evening in front of the TV, watching three Episodes of the new series you started watching while you were quarantined.

Requested by: randomhuman193