Daniel Ricciardo | 55

"are you two dating?"

You had always been kind of a clumpsy person but what happened to you a month ago was on another level. You went to the supermarket to buy some food and while wearing your new high heels you fell down on the escalator. Your knee was bleeding a bit and as you tried to stand up again, a heavy pain went through your leg.

"Are you alright? I saw you falling down", a middle-aged man asked you. He had been behind you presumably as you had your little accident. "Ahh...yeah nothing happened, I...I think I'm alright", you answered. Of course you were lying. "Come on, I see your injured knee. I just want to help you. There is a first-aid-station downstairs where you can get help." You were not happy to need help from a stranger but you agreed because you realized you wouldn't be able to walk the few hundred meters through the supermarket. "Yeah...ok."

The man helped you up, asking weather it was ok if he put his arm around your upper body to support you while walking. "Thanks for your help. I'm (Y/N) btw. I really appreciate your helpfulness." You saw him smiling a bit before he answered. "No, no. Nothing to thank, this should be normal. I'm Daniel but most just dan me Dany. Do you have still pain in your knee?" You just nodded and tried not to let the tears stream out of your eyes. Around 100 meters before the sign of the first-aid-station, a group of young boys and girls were looking at you, talking to each other, before on girl asked Dany weather he could sign her phone case. With one hand free, he quicky signed her case before focussing on you again. "Daniel, are you two dating? I mean you both would look great together." Now you didn't understand anything. Why did strangers ask him for an autograph plus calling him Daniel? Before you could think about it, Dany negated the question and continued his walk with you. "Dany, why did they ask for an autograph?" You had to know it because you didn't realize him as a celebrity. "Er...yeah they are fans...I think. I am a racing driver in F1. Yeah...but that's not that important." You were not really interested in racing cars but you were happy that those 'stars' were still normal like people you would meet every day. After a nurse gave you some painkillers and put a bandage around your knee, you said goodbye to Dany again.

Requested by: britishnarry