George Russell | 29, 35

"do you have time?"

being shy

Best friends. But only friends. That's what you always told yourself when you were younger. You had a "best friend" called George Russell who was an successful racing driver and had the goal to drive in F1 one day. You often met after school, spending time with each other as you were neighbors. When you were around 14 years old, he was abroad racing most of the time. You felt sad because you loved to be with him and he was the best friend you ever had. Best friends for life as you always used to say. At the age of 16, all you female friends started to look out for a boyfriend, but you didn't. Not because you were lesbian, the reason was that George was the only man in your life. As you grew up, you realized that it was silly to only say you were best friends. You were in love with him but you were not able to admit that. One day, George was at home again after a stressful racing weekend in Italy. You wanted to be with him so you sent him a message.

'Hey, do you have time? I saw you walking into the house some minutes ago.' Your heart was beating faster and faster the longer you had to wait for the answer. 'Hello (Y/N) of course! Come over, I'd he pretty happy to see you again. I just need a quick shower.' he answered. You grabbed your phone and a bag of gummy bears and walked toward the Russell's house. His mother opened the door, hugging you and smiling. 'Hello (Y/N), it's so great to see you again! George is in his room I think.' You walked upstairs, right into the room. As you were walking through the door, you couldn't believe your eyes. George was standing next to his bed, wearing only boxershorts. You couldn't help yourself but you couldn't look away. He was so muscular, so athletic. You knew your cheeks got red and you tried to hide it. But George turned around and laughed as he saw you standing there with red cheeks. 'Hey (Y/N)! I'm also glad to see you again. Sorry I couldn't find my trousers...' You laughed and sat down on his sofa. You didn't know what was going, you behaved like you met your srush the first time. But you couldn't say "George I have feelings for you". He would hate you for sure.

'What are you thinking about?' George asled you when he sat down next to you. He turned on the Tv and continued the movie you didn't watch until the end last time. 'I don't know. I don't know anything.' You realized that it was just trash that got out of your mouth. George only smiled and shook his head. He lay his arm around  you, just like always but this time you couldn't stand that feeling. He lokked at you asking if everything was ok. What should you say? "No, I'm in love with you but I'm afraid you don't feel the same way. And that's why I can't stand the feeling having you next to me." George moved a bit away from you to be able to look into your face. '(Y/N) you can tell me everything what's on your mind. You don't have to be afraid. Don't be shy.' You couldn't admit you love. It was wrong. You couldn't throw that friendship away, not after so many years. 'No, it's fine. Don't matter.' You saw in his eyes that he didn't believe it. '(Y/N) I know you for my entire life, did anything happen? Are you unhappy? Did someone brake your heart?' he asked you. 'Not yet', you replied. He looked at you with a big question mark in his face. 'Why not yet? Who didn't break your heart yet? Don't be shy, just tell me.' Now you had to tell him. 'George, there's a boy and I love him and I'm sure he doesn't feel the same way. It would ruin everything.' You looked into his eyes and he knew that he was the one. 'And what if that boy tells you that he's in love with you, too?' You both looked deeply in each other's eyes. Then George finally touched your cheeks and moved closer to you. And then it finally happened. He kissed you! You kept your eyes closed. 'Finally' you whispered. 'I'm in love with you (Y/N) and I always hope that one day you would feel the same way.'

Requested by: WHIFF99