Charles Leclerc | 11, 24, 25

accident

"shh, you're safe"

new F1 team

After years of driving in F1 with Ferrari, your husband Charles had to think about his future. You knew about his ultimative dream: Becoming F1 world champion with Ferrari. But especially in the years since Sebastian Vettel left the team seemed not nto be capable of winning the title anymore, not even races. What once was a bad weekend because of not being on the podium was now the sensation. You saw how hard Charles was working for the team and everything you wanted was to see him as happy again as in his first years with Ferrari. He was gutted, frustrated and blamed himself every single time when he came home from a weekend racing in formula one.

You could still remember when he came home from the French GP, completely frustrated and close to tears. He wasn't the man you got to know 5 years ago. That's when you asked him one single question: "Charles, are you still happy with driving for Ferrari?" Of course you knew the answer but you wanted him to reflect the whole journey with the Red's by himself. His heart still belonged to the team, keen on fighting for his lifelong dream. But his head told him it was time to move on. Close to tears he answered: "I...I don't know. I love Ferrari, I mean they supported me so much in my career...but...but it's like... it's like I lost my direction. I feel so numb even if it breaks my heart everytime when I do even know before stepping into the car that I won't succeed. But... it's my dream, I promised my dad, I want to make you proud... but... but I can't do this anymore... I feel like I'm dying inside, it hurts so much." You two hugged each other as tight as possible, you wanted to let him know that everyone is proud of him, that his father for sure is, too and you also. "Charles, I know, I know. You don't have to prove anyone, everyone is so so proud of you. Our whole family is, no matter what you do and what position you achieve. I know what you promised you dad and your family but believe me, all of them would just want you to be happy. Come on, you are one of 20 drivers in F1. There are so so many people and young drivers who would just love to be in F1 one day and you are one of them! And if you aren't happy anymore, why don't you look out for another team in F1?" He was wiping away a tear from his face and it took some seconds until he was ready to tell you about the talks he had with Aston Martin. "(Y/N) I need to tell you something but please don't be angry ok?" You just shook your head, promising you wouldn't. "Ok... so... Seb wants to end his career at the end of the season to have more time with his family... and... yeah we had long talks about what feelings he had in his last years with Ferrari and...it was so similar. He excactly knew what I am feeling and we had a conversation about the free seat in the team... and maybe...so if I'd like to, I could get the seat... but I'm not sure yet."

You just couldn't believe your ears! He could even stay in F1 after leaving Ferrari. This should be a good mental help for him, being aware that there was a tean which would love to have him as their driver next season. "Charles! That's amazing! Why didn't to tell me earlier?" Ypu could see him, taking a deep breath. "(Y/N), I...I'm so afraid...I can't sleep well anymore when I have a race weekend, you know when I'm alone in the hotel room. I... I always have nightmares that I could be involved in a severe accident because my mechanics are angry with me or... I... I just can't see an end of the tunnel anymore. I know I need to change something but at the same time Ferrari still has a place in my heart... But I just can't go on anymore with how it is a the moment. ".You could feel his inner tumoil and all you could do in this moment was to calm him down. "Shh, you're safe", you whispered into his ear. "I understand Charles, I promise you I'll always be there for you, no matter what. Maybe you just have a talk wih Binotto to be clear about what you want your future to look like. Or talk with Seb or call me. But please don't blame yourself for everything. You are working so hard." Your husband was just nodding, staying quiet. You know that something had to change as soon as possible, and you wouldsupport Charles in any decision concerning his future in F1.

Requested by: JoycePereira2006