Robert Shwartzman | 59

long distance relationship

Since Robert and you started dating, the distance had always been a big problem. He was living in Russia or sometimes in Italy while you were in the US. It was often hard to deal with it, especially when you had a bad day and you wished nothing more than to cuddle Robert. But that wasn't possible most of the time. In addition of that he was away racing abroad and couldn't just travel to the US over the weekend. Before you had met Robert the first time, you always told your friends that a long distance relationship would be a no-go for you. But sometimes you meet that one, unique person and it doesn't matter anymore.

Robert finished his 2021 F2 season in first position, according to the rules he wasn't to drive F2 another year. But in the F1 2022 season there was only one seat left at Sauber and that one was "reserved" for Callum by Ferrari. So he had to find another racing series, which wasn't that easy because you also need to be able to make a living with the money you get. You had several calls with Robert the past days but he told you that he was still trying to find a racing team in a high competitive series.

One evening, you were preparing for university for the next day, somebody was knocking at your door. You were a bit frightened because it was already dark outside and you were living in a big city. So you quietly walked towards the door, looked through the peephole and couldn't believe your eyes! Robert, your boyfriend, was standing outside. You opened the door with such a big smile on your face and hugged Robert as tight as you could. You had to start crying because you were as happy as never before. 'Hey Babe, shh... I'm here' he tried to comfort you. He walked into the small apartment, closing the door behind him. 'Robert, I can't believe it! What are you doing here?! I'm so glad to see you, I've missed you so much.' He still had wrapped his arm around you as you sat down at the sofa. '(Y/N) I missed you so much, I had to see you! I'm so happy to be here with you. And I have big big news to tell you.' You gave him a long kiss before he continued. '(Y/N), we will live in the US together for the next years! I signed a five year treaty with IndyCar! That means that I'll be racing here in the US!'

You couldn't believe your ears. You bith started to cry, it was a big relief for both of you. Finally the distance that divided you two would disappear and you could live together like a "normal" couple.

Requested by: _beyond_the_stars