33| The Impulsive and Nosy Bitch

I was kind of on top of the world and stuff

I was kind of on top of the world and stuff. Considering Tyler legitimately asked me to be his boyfriend, and I said yes. So we made things official, and it was a completely real commitment. Like. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I couldn't stop thinking about him.

I really wasn't expecting him to be at that point, the relationship boyfriend-boyfriend commitment point, yet. So it was a pleasant surprise that he was. We'd already been doing all the boyfriend stuff, like going on dates, holding hands, kissing, the works, but now, we were seriously together, which made all of that stuff really mean something more. We weren't just going on dates and being ourselves to try this out anymore, we were going on dates and being ourselves in a real relationship.

Yes, I could keep repeating the same thing over and over again because it doesn't get old to me, and I was kind of really really happy about it all.

But no matter how really really happy I felt, there was a little dent in there somewhere because the one person I really wanted to talk to and spill my happiness to was Cayden. And we hadn't exactly made up yet. Mostly because I'd been ignoring his texts (only replying to Jeremy's, but not the ones that were obviously sent by Cayden), and we hadn't spoken in person since the whole confrontation thing. I wasn't, like, super pissed off at him for what he did, but there was a little frustration there. A sense of betrayal, and maybe a little upsetness. If upsetness is even a word...

He'd tried apologizing over text, and maybe if I responded, he would come over and apologize in person. But I didn't want to respond to his texts that had been sent more than a week ago, so I had to take matters into my own hands.

I wanted an in-person apology, and then I could regain his trust and full friendship, and I could spill to him just how much happy was inside of me. Happy being something I possess rather than simply feel.

I got Cayden's favorite donuts from this cute donut shop down the street. They were also Rose's favorite donuts, and she was like five, so she obviously wasn't roped into my slight frustrations with Cayden, which is partly why I bought the donuts. Jeremy didn't really like donuts much, but he would eat the plain cake ones, which I made sure to get 2 of. Anyway. I knew they were Cayden's absolute favorites, they were like crack to him, and I knocked on the door to his apartment when I knew he'd be home.

He opened the door, looking surprised to see me standing there. He opened his mouth, probably to greet me or something, or ask why I was there, but I spoke first. Because I was learning a little bit how to be more assertive. (A little little bit.)

"I brought Joanne's Donuts, and yes, I have the jelly-filled ones, which yes, I know are your true favorite even though you claim to love the traditional glazed, but you already know I don't buy it. But you are not allowed to have any until you let me in and formally apologize for the whole Tyler-concert fiasco, and yes, that's a new word I just learned, and you can only be proud of me once you apologize, which I'm hoping you will, because I want to gossip, I want to spill the tea, and I want my favorite friend-slash-nextdoor-neighbor back," I rambled. I felt pretty impressed by my ability to ramble without a single stutter.