8| Plans to Shake Some Ass

FOR reference, waking up to the sound of an apartment buzzer

FOR reference, waking up to the sound of an apartment buzzer... Not the most pleasing sound. But definitely effective as an alarm. Which is why after hearing it only twice, I rolled out of bed groaning and trudged to the front door. When I looked out the peephole, it was Cayden.

I opened the door, yawning tremendously and raking a hand through my bedhead. I could only assume I was looking extra unkempt.

"Woo, no shirt! I should have invited Jeremy over and made it a party," Cayden said, walking past me into the apartment.

I slowly shut the door and turned around, leaning up against the wall while Cayden looked around the apartment, taking it in. I was still blinking and trying to wake myself up. Again. I needed some goddamn coffee.

"Ty Ham," Cayden said, spinning around to face me. "This place is lavish as hell! Are you rich or what?"

I yawned again and walked into the kitchen to start making a pot of coffee. "Not me. My sugar daddy," I replied.

"Erm. Are you even awake or are you sleep mumbling?"

"Nope. Sugar daddy Jesse pays for this," I told him, then spun around and sat on top of the counter while the coffee brewed. "My sister's boyfriend. And how'd you know where I lived?"

"I've done my research," Cayden said. "I am also here to invite you to guys night out."

"Guys night out?"

"Picture this," Cayden said, "4 boys. 1 club. Lots of drinks, or virgin drinks for the younglings. Dancing. A shit ton of fun."

"Well, I like a shit ton of a fun. So I'm in," I said. "Who are the other 2 guys, then?"

"Of course it'll be Noah and my lovely husband, Jeremy. Porkchop might make an appearance because I always invite him, but he's working a little today. I just didn't tell him you'd be there because apparently we're not allowed to 'push him' to see you or whatever," Cayden explained. "Like, he said he wants to see you! But he's a nervous boy."

"Well, if Clay decides to show up, make sure he keeps a few buttons undone. For my own viewing pleasure," I teased.

"You absolutely dirty dog. I love it!" Cayden exclaimed and sat down at one of the barstools at the counter.

"So, Clay is avoiding me?" I asked.

"Well... Technically, yes. But he wants to see you," Cayden told me. "Supposedly, he's psyching himself out and whatever. I mean, this is the dude who quit a dating app after a few days."

I felt a little better knowing that Clay didn't not want to see me. He was just nervous, a little bit shy maybe. Which was cute and endearing, honestly. It was exactly how I remembered Clay from the little I knew about him and the small time we spent together.